No announcement yet.

HS3 HAI Linux Plugin Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete - Did you receive any input from others? Any decision on which way you guys want to go? Cheers - Gary

Comment

Hello Gary.

No I did not.

That said tell me what you think about the "sneak peak" of the plugin. It is currently connecting to the panel just fine. We have devices, DB and logging.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete - "Sneak Peak" looks Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

I am younger than you and older than you in "dog" years -
          I'm not even going to touch that....
          Don

Comment

October, 2013

Thinking out loud here and proposed looking for feedback....

Next steps relate to beta testing and including participants.

That said a running linux device including beta plugin to HAI panel distributed to contributors.

The plugin would be running in Linux and connecting to HS3 whatever its running on.

Database for plugin will be mysql which can reside local or remote to Linux device.

Baby steps here .....

Initially.....

Most important before anything else is to watch is speed of local DB logging concurrent to networked transport and variables to the mothership (HS3 Logging) and response times from HS3 interface to Linux plugin. This will relate initially to status only and then manual changes.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

Coming into this late, but some questions.

Since this is software based I Linux any reason I couldn't run it in a virtual machine on the same computer as HS3?

Also, I would like to run UPB through the panel due to the 2 way feedback (and the fact HS3 has UPB listed as an "eventual" driver which means who knows what functionality or timing on that it will have. Does the driver allows control of UPB through the panel v HS3 directly?

Still needing donations?

Thanks!

Comment

Questions...

Pete,

Coming into this late, but some questions.

Since this is software based I Linux any reason I couldn't run it in a virtual machine on the same computer as HS3?

Also, I would like to run UPB through the panel due to the 2 way feedback (and the fact HS3 has UPB listed as an "eventual" driver which means who knows what functionality or timing on that it will have). Does the driver allows control of UPB through the panel v HS3 directly?

Still needing donations?

Thanks!

Comment

Yup a VM would work.

Also, I would like to run UPB through the panel due to the 2 way feedback (and the fact HS3 has UPB listed as an "eventual" driver which means who knows what functionality or timing on that it will have).

Does the driver allows control of UPB through the panel v HS3 directly?
                  Yes the driver will allow all functions that are currently utilized between the panel and console connections. I currently have X-10, UPB and Z-Wave plugged into the HAI OPII panel. (also other stuff - Omnistat, Omnitouch IP and serial, Omnitouch video hub, Russound, temp combo temp sensors). Primary inwall gang box switches are all UPB today. Last year updated many of the UPB to multitoggle and multiload switches in a sort of "wall" footprint consolidation effort.

Here is a link to the OmniPro II owners and installation manual

http://www.homeauto.com/Downloads/Pr...Manual_3-2.pdf

http://www.homeauto.com/Downloads/Pr...nManual3-2.pdf

We are OK with donations / acquisition of test panel.

The "test" panel and accessories has been purchased and is in the hands of Rob Mason.

That said a donation right now would go into the funding monies above which can provide more testing hardware for Rob and will provide a testing piece of embedded linux hardware with software plugin already running for beta testing.

A HW and SW widget to plug into the HAI panel via a network connection. (still in the "thinking out load stage" asking for input).

A lesser donation would provide you with a test / participation beta plugin which will be released shortly. (IE you could then create your VM and install the beta plugin on your VM).
                  Last edited by Pete; October 18, 2013, 11:54 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Just noticed this thread. I have an omni LT. Would this plugin work with that panel?

Comment

Originally posted by abazin View Post
                      Just noticed this thread. I have an omni LT. Would this plugin work with that panel?
                      We're getting closer to releasing a general beta release. When its available, you can try the plugin to see if it will connect. So far, we have only tested with an OPII.
                      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                        We're getting closer to releasing a general beta release. When its available, you can try the plugin to see if it will connect. So far, we have only tested with an OPII.
                        Do both panels have similar protocols and API? Will the source code be available with purchase for debugging?

Comment

I don't have an LT to test with, so I can't be sure. No, the source code will not be available.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

If I buy the plugin because it does work with the LT and then 1 month later it stops working........I am a developer so if I knew I could help fix bugs related to the LT then I would be interested in buying. However with no LT testing/support and a closed source model it would be hard to justify buying.
                            Last edited by ; November 30, 2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abazin View Post
                              If I buy the plugin because it does work with the LT and then 1 month later it stops working........I am a developer so if I knew I could help fix bugs related to the LT then I would be interested in buying. However with no LT testing/support and a closed source model it would be hard to justify buying.
                              I understand - I cant justify purchasing an LT panel to see if it will work.

No other plugins offer source code, except for HST plugins. You can purchase the HAI plugin from HST and modify it to suit your needs, but it is a serial-based plugin.

Comment

Does your plugin work over serial port? The LT has serial only, no IP.

Comment

Working...
                                X