www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > HiTec Homes Plug-Ins > Rain8Net

Rain8Net Discussion area for the Rain8Net plug-in by Hi-Tec Home

Old August 10th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Seer

rain8 plugin stops working after some time in hs3

I'm finding that after some time, HS3 stops sending commands to my rain8net. The HS3 log shows it sending commands, but does not show any errors. If I restart HS3, it starts working again.

I have confirmed, from watching the VSP log that when it is not working, it is not sending any commands to the serial port. Once I restart HS3, can see the commands in the VSP logs.

Running HS3 3.0.0.194
HS3 Rain8 plugin 3.0.0.4
VSP (Virtual Serial Ports Emulator).

The HS3 log results for the successful vs unsuccessful results show the same thing.

successful

Quote:
Aug-10 7:43:28 AM Device Control Device: Back Yard Not Set Rain8Net Sprinklers to On (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
Aug-10 7:43:06 AM Device Control Device: Back Yard Not Set Rain8Net Sprinklers to Off (4) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
unsuccessful

Quote:
Aug-10 7:41:15 AM Device Control Device: Back Yard Not Set Rain8Net Sprinklers to Off (4) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
Aug-10 7:39:44 AM Device Control Device: Back Yard Not Set Rain8Net Sprinklers to On (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Wayne
Old August 12th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Seer Master

There are at least a couple Rain8 plugins, which one are you referring to? Also make sure VSP (Virtual Serial Ports Emulator) is not the culprit as the Rain8Net plugin that I support was only tested with a real serial port and you should test with a real serial port before jumping to any conclusions as to who is the blame.

You can turn on debug and send/post the Rain8Net.log file, and I will check what is happening inside plugin.

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

WHS 2011 Server - SageTV, HS 2.2.29 with 9TB Shared Hard Disk.

Plugins:
Ocelot, MitsubishiTV, DenonAVR, DirecTV, DVDMovies, HAI-Thermostat, HAI, Hauppauge, lrpSpeak, MediaPlayer, Rain8Net, Sprinklers, UIRT, VWS.

Hardware:
Intel 3.0Ghz CPU with 12Gb. Ram and 2Tb SATA HD. Davis Inst. VantagePro II, AB8SS, Rain8Net, RC80 Thermostat, OmniProII, Ocelot, X10, UPB, HD-200 Extenders.
Old August 13th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Seer

I specified the plugin in my original post. I'm using the default HS3 Rain8 plugin (v 3.0.0.4).

I don't think it's the VSP because when I restart the VSP, it doesn't start working, but when I restart HS3 it does.

Not sure how to turn on the debug log. It doesn't appear to be in the general log settings or Rain8 config page.
Old August 14th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Seer Master

You are posting in the wrong place this area is for a plugin called Hspi_Rain8Net.exe not HS Rain8 by HiTec Homes.
Old August 16th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Seer

Ahh, sorry. Didn't realize I was in wrong forum. I'll repost in the correct one.