Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plug-In - Enhancements/Suggestions

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for developing this Plug-In. I know that you are focused achieving as much of the functionality as you can for the HAI Panels so I wanted to create this thread to allow for wish list items to consider down the road as the Plug-In progresses or as you see fit.

Currently all of the Plug-In Device Types are set to HAI. Would it be possible to match the Plug-In Configuration Categories to the Device Type (String) Labels automatically? Z-Wave Devices appear to already be doing this.

Examples:

1) Zones Device Type (String) = HAI - Zones
    2) Areas Device Type (String) = HAI - Areas
    3) Outputs Device Type (String) = HAI - Outputs

Etc....

This would make it much easier for me to filter all of my Zones in the Device List View if need be. I suspect I could do this manually but since you know what type a device is during import could be achievable.

Also I have noticed a structure of "Type: Plug-In: Z-Wave" that is listed in the Device Types in the Device List which appears to show all of the devices that belong to the Plug-In which essentially is what HAI does now without filtering Floor/Room or other. I have 3 other Plug-In's that seem to use this standard naming convention or method, should this Plug-In consider doing the same?

Thanks again for everything you continue to do in great effort. I have 71 HAI Devices that depend on your Plug-In so far and thank you for their integration into HS3!

-Travis

Ooh. Excellent suggestion. That would make filtering much better especially with as many devices as you have.
    I've noticed other plugins like weatherxml doing this as well.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Rob

Have you looked at the HAI HiFi2 whole house audio? I have their 8 source 8 zone system connected to the OP2. They also have a 4x4 unit. There's an expansion board that will add 8 more zones so a total possible of 8 source 16 zones. It would be great if that could be worked into the plugin....I use mine all the time and control via either Haiku or Snaplink on ios, I almost never touch the wired keypad controllers. The writing on the wall for Haiku and Snaplink tells me that migration away from those will need to happen soon, as neither are supported or updated in any meaningful way.

Just a suggestion. Thanks.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
        Rob

Have you looked at the HAI HiFi2 whole house audio? I have their 8 source 8 zone system connected to the OP2. They also have a 4x4 unit. There's an expansion board that will add 8 more zones so a total possible of 8 source 16 zones. It would be great if that could be worked into the plugin....I use mine all the time and control via either Haiku or Snaplink on ios, I almost never touch the wired keypad controllers. The writing on the wall for Haiku and Snaplink tells me that migration away from those will need to happen soon, as neither are supported or updated in any meaningful way.

Just a suggestion. Thanks.

Tom
        Hi Tom - no, I havent delved into whole house audio, although I would love to have one installed - so would my wife and kid. I think once I get Thermostats and Lighting released and stable, I'll probably do a round of polling from the users to see what items they want added. I get the benefit of adding those recommendations to my own setup

Comment

Hi Rob. Is there any way to capture the user codes of someone who has armed or disarmed the HAI system?

I can set up events in HS to alert me to changes in area mode (off, day, away, etc) and I'm also setting up alerts on changes in alarm mode (burglary, fire) but it would be nice to set up an event that alerted me when a certain user (or any user other than myself, for example) changed the mode.

The OP2 logs the user that changed the mode, so I can go back and look at history, but being able to create events based on who armed or disarmed the system would be useful for a great variety of reasons.

Tom
          Last edited by lakemirror; January 18, 2016, 08:49 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Hi Rob. Is there any way to capture the user codes of someone who has armed or disarmed the HAI system?

I can set up events in HS to alert me to changes in area mode (off, day, away, etc) and I'm also setting up alerts on changes in alarm mode (burglary, fire) but it would be nice to set up an event that alerted me when a certain user (or any user other than myself, for example) changed the mode.

The OP2 logs the user that changed the mode, so I can go back and look at history, but being able to create events based on who armed or disarmed the system would be useful for a great variety of reasons.

Tom
            Yes - this is on my list to do. My wife actually asked about this. I send us both text messages when the system is armed/disarmed. She said she doesnt need an alert when she arms/disarms, just anyone else.

Comment

Yes I use that today. Here is an HAI-System page on HS2.
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                Yes - this is on my list to do. My wife actually asked about this. I send us both text messages when the system is armed/disarmed. She said she doesnt need an alert when she arms/disarms, just anyone else.
                How do you send your text messages? I'm using Spud's IFTTT plugin which uses dropbox as an intermediary trigger device, but there's a lag. Is there a better solution?

Comment

How do you send your text messages? I'm using Spud's IFTTT plugin which uses dropbox as an intermediary trigger device, but there's a lag. Is there a better solution?
                  I work for a carrier and you usually have a <mobile>@mycarrier.com type email address that will send you a text via email. I just use HS's email function to send them. I even have my phone play a different alert sound when the text comes from the 'email' number.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now why the heck didn't I think of that? Because it was too obvious, I guess!

Comment

Now why the heck didn't I think of that? Because it was too obvious, I guess!
                      Heh - no problem...

From this event, you can see that I wish I knew which code "armed" the house, that way I would send the text to everyone except who actually armed the house. My wife wants this feature. It is definitely on my to-do list.

Comment

Yeah. Like Rob said, it's easier to just use the SMS Gateway for your Cellular Service.

A pretty comprehensive global list can be found here:

http://martinfitzpatrick.name/list-o...-sms-gateways/

-Travis

Comment

Goofing around with this stuff utilize the central services monitoring, Homeseer 2, HAI logger and now Homeseer 3 for this stuff.

I am always comparing the speeds.

I also utilize / attach whom is turning on or off the alarm.

IE: this morning wife touched alarm...(Homeseer 2 variable status shows)

Sandy HAI System Last Code Used

Here too under HS2 serial plugin / HAI system see security status, special status, previous security variables. Special status can be a variety of things.

IE: the special status phone line off hook shows me that the panel called the central station earlier.

Depending on what is happening use a combo trigger event to email / text thing.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                            Yeah. Like Rob said, it's easier to just use the SMS Gateway for your Cellular Service.
                            -Travis
                            You see, this is what I get for having lived in England for 4 years. They don't allow email to sms, so the part of my brain that remembers stuff like that got erased. I'm so glad to be back in the states. I can do email to sms, park my car in a space that is big enough, put an electric outlet and a light switch in my bathroom (can you say GFCI?), buy gas for less than $8 a gallon without waiting in line, have someone else bag my groceries in a bag that I don't have to pay for, get decent health and dental care, drive on roads that are designed for the traffic load, and eat real BBQ and good cuts of beef. AND not have to remember to order BLACK coffee.

Sorry for the off-topic rant. God bless the USA!

Tom
                            Last edited by lakemirror; January 19, 2016, 11:45 AM. Reason: none

Comment

New version posted:
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179122

Comment

Working...
                              X