Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking original post was around February, 2016.

Looked up Special Status on the old HAI Homeseer Help file and it states:

As the name implies, this device tracks special panel status conditions. These conditions have status (string) values and numerical values just as the Security Status does. Here is the list of values that the status (string) setting of the device may have followed by the numerical value representation of the status.

SYSTEM TROUBLES

This message is sent by the HAI controller in reply to a REQUEST SYSTEM TROUBLES message.
    The controller reports any system troubles.
    If multiple troubles exist, each trouble is reported in a separate data byte.

Start character 0x21
    Message length number of troubles + 1
    Message type 0x1B
    Data 1 first trouble

Data n last trouble
    CRC 1 varies
    CRC 2 varies

The system trouble conditions are shown below.

Trouble Byte Condition
    1 Freeze
    2 Battery low
    3 AC power
    4 Phone line
    5 Digital communicator
    6 Fuse
    7 Freeze
    8 Battery low

There are some major differences between system status and system trouble.

SYSTEM STATUS

This message is sent by the HAI controller in reply to a REQUEST SYSTEM STATUS message.
    The controller reports its time, date, calculated time of sunrise and sunset, battery reading, and current alarm(s) in each area.

Bit Condition
    0 Burglary alarm
    1 Fire alarm
    2 Gas alarm
    3 Auxiliary alarm
    4 Freeze alarm
    5 Water alarm
    6 Duress alarm
    7 Temperature alarm

In the HS2 group under HAI system variables I see: (and use)

1 - Security status
    2 - special status
    3 - alarm type
    4 - last code used
    5 - button pushed
    6 - freeze alarm
    7 - fire emergency
    8 - police emergency
    9 - Auxillary emergency
    10 - duress alarm
    11 - battery low trouble
    12 - AC powerfail trouble
    13 - phone line dead trouble
    14 - digital communicator trouble
    15 - previous security status
    16 - battery trouble
    17 - zone change indicator
    18 - special status change indicator.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. I'm actually re-tooling the entire System Status/System Trouble section of the plugin. I was starting with AC Power Fail since it was somewhat easy to test by unplugging the transformer. I believe the HS2 plugin 'polled' the serial port somewhat aggressively to get the trouble/status flags returned. I'm taking a similar approach since the trouble/status are not updated realtime by the HAI SDK.

I'm doing this process in a separate thread as not to disturb regular unit/zone/area processing. I'm also taking care not to flood the controller with unnecessary requests.

Thanks for the info - going to play around with this a bit...
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you Rob.

I over do this a bit with the use of the CS monitoring and software events coming from Homeseer (via texts mostly).

A phone call to CS monitoring to text is faster than a text originating from HS today. That is the way it's been now for a while.

Much of this stuff is important when using central station monitoring. (IE:digital communicator trouble).

IE: Relating to my configuration you can send or configure the panel to send any sort of alerts aside from alarm stuff and get reports on this.

A power failure alert to CS triggers a text or an alarm today.

My copper phone line QOS is 100%, next my in house cellular is close to 100% and lastly my VOIP is OK but is still dependant on 16 year old cable lines.

I am doing a failover to a combo cellular modem with a phone, internet access and sms now here. (have house on copper, VOIP and one cellular connection)

AT&T came to our neighbourhood selling their wares and connected to the old cable at the CO never installing any fiber which to me was mickey mouse as they are going in the direction of not supporting the old copper lines; such that they took the cheap arse route to upgrading the infrastructure. This is different from FL as Verizon there replaced the copper with fiber.

Even the Verizon FIOS fiber connection in FL is not as good today as the old copper was of yesterday even though it should be and that mostly relates to mickey mouse infrastructure management.
        Last edited by Pete; April 20, 2016, 10:09 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Travis
          Not to derail the thread, but once the dust settles, let me know if there are any device changes to be made to the HAI plugin to support the API. I havent loaded these recent versions yet...
          Hey Rob,

As of right now, everything HAI Plug-In related is working great for me with the Echo API and the latest build being .288. The Control Use issue for values that are Not Defined is something Rich is looking to fix in .289. At least it's a non issue if you give it a Dim Function. The biggest concern that is HAI Device related is that a future rev of the PI will Delete or Modify my custom values (33% Dim and 66% Dim) which would in turn break a lot of events or remove my custom graphics again. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks!

-Travis

Comment

I'll make sure future updates will not change them

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

Here at this time only have looked for stability with the upgrades of HS3.

Baby steps initially checking out the upgrades as a few for me did break basic things like running events. if the base doesn't run well then it is not worth the time and effort for me.

That said after seeing multiple updates occurring in one day have decided to let the yut play for the time bean.

I have left the RPi2 - Zee-2 at HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280 (Linux) and the HSPro at HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.284.

I did also notice that many of the updates were coming up for Wintel and not for Linux and they were all Amazon Echo related.

Along with the base HS3 running I have stopped playing with the HS3 Touch server updates, HSDesigner and clients updates for the time bean.

Latest Wintel client broke my stuff so I did downgrade to V.32 on the client and have left the server at 3.0.0.94 for now.

I do understand much of the goals are related to getting the Amazon Echo running but it shouldn't break the basics.

Right now see too much of the Amazon Echo teeth intertwined with basic functionality of HS3. This is much like the integration of ZWave/HSTouch to the core of Homeseer 2 way back which did make the mother ship dysfunctional. What is good here is that my basic heart beat of the home automation is run on the Omnipro 2 panel and it does continue to run just fine.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I had an evening to play with the new plugin (have been on the road a LOT since November) and made extensive updates to my HSTouch screens. I'll be able to test the plugin over the next few days.

For those with the HAI thermostats connected to the HAI vs. serial, how do you increment the cool/heat setpoints?

With HS3 I had the up/down buttons in HSTouch run a script that executed "hs.plugin ("HAI_System").HAI_Raise_temp 1, tstat, mode". I'm trying to create events to increment/decrement the setpoints but do not see how. I seem to only be able to set a specific temperature.

Before I ask for a feature to increment/decrement setpoints I thought I'd ask how others are accomplishing his task.

Thanks,

Guy

Comment

@Guy,

I have only tried creating a HSTouch thermostat screen a couple of plugin versions back. There were some issues but do not recall the granular details now.

Rob acknowledged the issues relating to the thermostat pieces. I haven't tried again with current version.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by cowsr4eating View Post
                    I had an evening to play with the new plugin (have been on the road a LOT since November) and made extensive updates to my HSTouch screens. I'll be able to test the plugin over the next few days.

For those with the HAI thermostats connected to the HAI vs. serial, how do you increment the cool/heat setpoints?

With HS3 I had the up/down buttons in HSTouch run a script that executed "hs.plugin ("HAI_System").HAI_Raise_temp 1, tstat, mode". I'm trying to create events to increment/decrement the setpoints but do not see how. I seem to only be able to set a specific temperature.

Before I ask for a feature to increment/decrement setpoints I thought I'd ask how others are accomplishing his task.

Thanks,

Guy
                    Hey Guy
                    The plugin almost works with the Thermostat API. With the stick HSTouch app, I can raise/lower setpoints, but I cannot change modes. Thats the last piece that I cant seem to figure out from the blasted Thermostat API.

That said, you should be able to use the HSTouch designer and raise/lower as a button action. Let me know if that doesnt work for you.

Comment

Rob,

I was looking at control a unit as an action. At the bottom of the list are "Thermostat" actions outside of the HAI units. I do see options to set, raise, and lower. Was not where I expected, but I was probably not looking very hard, at least that is what my wife would say

I stopped at setpoints in my HSTouch screens, but hold, fans, mode will be my next things to implement.

I'll implement the setpoint changes, hold, fans, etc that work and look forward to the changes to allow mode changing. I set that cool in late spring, off in fall, heat in late fall, etc. Maybe 4 changes a year so the least used button behind fan mode.

Thanks,

Guy

Comment

Hey Guy
                        The plugin almost works with the Thermostat API. With the stick HSTouch app, I can raise/lower setpoints, but I cannot change modes. Thats the last piece that I cant seem to figure out from the blasted Thermostat API.

That said, you should be able to use the HSTouch designer and raise/lower as a button action. Let me know if that doesnt work for you.
                        Hey Rob,

Any luck with mode changing? Needless to say... a *HUGE* WAF on this one.

Thanks!

Paul

Oh... BTW... I see the same problem with changing Fan Modes as well... although it will cycle from Auto to On but it gets stuck on On.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post
                          Hey Rob,

Any luck with mode changing? Needless to say... a *HUGE* WAF on this one.

Thanks!

Paul

Oh... BTW... I see the same problem with changing Fan Modes as well... although it will cycle from Auto to On but it gets stuck on On.
                          Sorry for the delay. I owe you guys an update:

I had to move my development environment to a different machine, since my wife/kids took over the desktop PC I was using. Now that I have my own machine/environment, I am almost back to where I can build the plugin.

Give me a week or so to get things stable then this fix will be in the next version.

Comment

I had to move my development environment to a different machine, since my wife/kids took over the desktop PC I was using. Now that I have my own machine/environment, I am almost back to where I can build the plugin.

Give me a week or so to get things stable then this fix will be in the next version.
                            Thanks Rob!

I'm finally learning HSTouch Designer for some panels I want to install so this will be VERY helpful.

Comment

How Rob,

How is it going? Did you ever get your Dev system up and running?

Hope all is well,

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                                How Rob,

How is it going? Did you ever get your Dev system up and running?

Hope all is well,

-Travis
                                Yes (finally)...

I have made the following changes so far:
                                Fixed the bypass/restore zone changes.
                                Adding HAI Triggers - User Code arm/disarm

Here's a screenshot (it's over RDP so the quality is poor)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X