• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'll take a look at that one.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      Jon,

Is there a way to pass the text after "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to" as a script parameter?
      I would like to further process the speech text in a script for certain things
      You can do this in check_vcmd.vb script. The Data parameter carries this text.
      Jon

Comment

I see Data parameter in check_vcmd.vb script but how do I use that in the ScriptParm= for the trigger?
        Maybe I am missing something obvious
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Sorry I thought you wanted to do your own thing. I did think about passing the voice string to the script parameter but then I thought that as you had triggered it from the trigger match, there was not much point. I can see that there could be a use for this by having a simple trigger match which could be further parsed by a script.

Very easy to add. I'll try and update this later today.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Sorry I thought you wanted to do your own thing. I did think about passing the voice string to the script parameter but then I thought that as you had triggered it from the trigger match, there was not much point. I can see that there could be a use for this by having a simple trigger match which could be further parsed by a script.

Very easy to add. I'll try and update this later today.
            Awesome. Thanks Jon
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Version 1.0.3 is now available.

Changes:

Added method to pass the Alexa voice string through the script parameter.
              Updated wep page config page to deal with apostrophes in the text.

If already installed, just update both .vben scripts.
              Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon - will try it out tonight
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I assume the PDF doc was updated to show what we need to do to pass the data through or does it automatically happen?
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Yes, but all you do is add a * to the script parameter entry and it will then pass the voice string to the script.
                    Jon

Comment

@Blade.. what is the use case for wanting this? What does giving the voice string as a parameter provide other than an unparsed string.

Robert
                      Last edited by langenet; November 15, 2016, 01:14 PM.
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Awesome. If no star is there or the ScriptParm value is missing does it still try and parse out the number in the alexa text?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

That is correct.
                          Jon

Comment

HI all.

Jon00 - thank you so much - my Amazon Echo experience has improved 10 times over!

Could i get some assistance:
                            1) I have three events created in homeseer - i can see two of them, but the 3rd event cant be selected within your Helper page as an event.
                            2) I am battling to toggle certain devices on / off when using the simple device value or set device value functionality. I obviously get the correct device ref (for example 50) and have tried. 50,1 and 50,100 and 50,255 for Z-wave modules and other simple on off switches. I cant get anything to turn on or off.

Alexa is defintey recognising the commands but not sure if is sending through the right info?
                            "Nov-15 9:13:18 PM Jon00_Alexa Script processing time: 2 ms
                            Nov-15 9:13:18 PM Jon00_Alexa Response sent to Alexa: 'OK'
                            Nov-15 9:13:18 PM Jon00_Alexa Successful trigger under [Trigger6]
                            Nov-15 9:13:18 PM Jon00_Alexa Integer Parsed: -9999
                            Nov-15 9:13:18 PM Jon00_Alexa Alexa Number String:
                            Nov-15 9:13:18 PM Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'breakfast light on'"

Anything to try?

Comment

Looks like the first one is a bug. In the meantime you can type it in manually.

If you are controlling a Z-wave device, you should be using the CAPI entry.

i.e. if the device reference number is 1234 your entry would be

1234,0,on (for on)
                              1234,0,off (for off)
                              1234,50 (for 50% dim)
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                                @Blade.. what is the use case for wanting this? What does giving the voice string as a parameter provide other than an unparsed string.

Robert
                                I plan to use the full text in order to possibly do something with my Russound plugin
                                I plan to use a phrase like this:

Alexa, tell Homeseer to play pandora in the Great Room

I can then run a script to turn on the zone in the great room to the pandora source and start playing pandora. That is the goal
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X