1 wire LCD display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 wire LCD display

Has anyone ever used this 1 wire LCD display?
    AAG 1 Wire LCD

I'm planning on using a variable in my Ocelot and the IR interface to keep track of the preset station that my tuner is on. It is controlled via IR from HS/Ocelot and a SmartPad3 but since it is only controlled via up/down preset I should be able to have a variable in the Ocelot track the preset it is on. I would then like to use this LCD to display the current preset.

Jabran

Ocelot outputs a dallas 1-wire interface?

Comment

I don't know how you could easily have an Ocelot control the 1 wire LCD display. At the very least you'd need a serial to 1 wire adapter.

What I'd suggest instead is to get a serial LCD. Assuming you get one that supports an ASCII (not binary) protocol, as most do, the Ocelot could control the LCD directly through its own serial port, or better yet, through a Serial Bobcat.

Comment

Sorry, HS is connected via serial to the Ocelot. So HS knows what the Ocelot variable is that represents the tuner preset. HS then sends text to the LCD display to display what radio station the tuner is on. I already have a Temp08 interface on the HS machine.

Comment

Can the TEMP08 drive the LCD display? From the looks of the display, it requires pretty low-level control (sending data a nibble (4 bits) at a time). I doesn't look like the TEMP08 supports the DS2408 used by this display.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can the TEMP08 drive the LCD display? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not Yet! Is anyone interested? Send me an email.

Mitch
            http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Hi Mitch,

I would be very interested to see you support the LCD module in your temp08. I guess for ease the aag module with its buttons or an equivalent from yourself. I have been creating a shopping list of items which starts with your superb temp08. Can't wait to order and recieve it.

I hope to use it to control my gas central heating. I already have some relay control but may swith that over to be based on the 2405/6 chip.

Please keep up the great development, it's people like you that make or break a technology like this being used by us HA'ers and are so important to this gaining ground.

Cheers

Nick.

Comment

Working...
              X