Nest Protect in Laundry room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Protect in Laundry room

Hi, I am thinking about getting a Nest Protect and I am curious if the plug-in can help with this.

Motion- can this be triggered via HS to turn on a light when I enter the laundry room or do I need another sensor? If the motion does work for this purpose, is it a quick update? I am relatively new to HS, and I know there is some way to assign things to one of five groups (is groups the right term)? Or do I just create an event, ie. motion detected- light on. Light off if no motion after 5 min...

Humidity, since this is a small room with the clothes dryer, can I trigger an event, like turn on the vent fan?

The Nest API does not expose any data from the Nest Protect motion sensor or humidity sensor, so no it's not possible.

Comment

Which I find darn annoying. They have this motion detection capability that they don't expose.
      I also think it would be cool if one could have API access to the speakers on the Protects. It would give me (and others) instant whole-house audio options.

I know a bit OT but I had to vent.

Mitch

Comment

Agreed, as well as the lights... For the price, I might as well get the First Alert smoke /CO detector and add a separate sensor for motion/humidity.

Comment

Working...
        X