www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Thermostat / HVAC Plug-ins > Thermostat / HVAC Discussion

Old November 29th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Seer

GoControl GC-TBZ48 Operating Status

I bought two of these from HS. They work fine but mode operating status and fan operating status don't change to reflect what the thermostat is doing. Has anyone else seen this issue. At my other house I have two Omnistat's and use Kirby's plugin with excellent, rock solid results. I tried Blade's BLStat and it didn't seem to add all the devices so I had to disable that plugin. Has anyone noticed if the Trane or Honeywell stats reflect the operating status?
Old January 10th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAutomation View Post
I bought two of these from HS. They work fine but mode operating status and fan operating status don't change to reflect what the thermostat is doing. Has anyone else seen this issue. At my other house I have two Omnistat's and use Kirby's plugin with excellent, rock solid results. I tried Blade's BLStat and it didn't seem to add all the devices so I had to disable that plugin. Has anyone noticed if the Trane or Honeywell stats reflect the operating status?
I'm having similar issue w/ my Evolve T100 thermostat, only the operating mode and fan mode are not communicating, i.e. whatever the system is actually doing (heating, cooling, fan only, pending heat or pending cooling), HS3 shows it's status a "Idle". The 7 different status descriptions were created automatically when I added the t-stat on zwave.

Also, I just removed and re-added node to see if it would fix the problem. Now I've lost the actually temperature reading.

Are the row, column and column span data all set to 0 the culprit? I can't find what those actually do...
Attached Images

Old January 11th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Seer

Update Zwave Plugin

I did get it to work by updating to Zwave Plugin 3.0.1.48
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Seer Plus

GoControl GC-TBZ48 Operating Status is not updating

I just installed the Go Control GC-TBZ48 thermostat. It enrolled easily to HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435 on a hometrollerSEL running Zwave 3.0.1.190.

The only issue I am having is the Device Operating State is not showing up properly in HS. For example, the current actual operating state is Cooling (AC is on and blowing cold air and stat shows snowflake) and HS is showing the operating state as Idle (value 0).

I have rescanned and optimized with no change. Anyone have any ideas?
Attached Images

Old July 11th, 2018, 04:15 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeletti View Post
I just installed the Go Control GC-TBZ48 thermostat. It enrolled easily to HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435 on a hometrollerSEL running Zwave 3.0.1.190.

The only issue I am having is the Device Operating State is not showing up properly in HS. For example, the current actual operating state is Cooling (AC is on and blowing cold air and stat shows snowflake) and HS is showing the operating state as Idle (value 0).

I have rescanned and optimized with no change. Anyone have any ideas?
Mine all report properly. I have 8 of them. 5 of them would not report as received new. There is a parameter for reporting and on the 5 it was set incorrectly.

It is parameter 23 (2 bytes) that sets the reporting. Setting parameter 23 to 2042 will report everything except battery, 10,239 reports everything including battery. If you are curious what the current value is, blank the setting (not 0, but blank), click submit, click "set", it will return the current value.

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 6
Size:  3.7 KB

Simply sum the values of what you want reported, select the parameter, enter the value in the root configuration and set.
Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 6
Size:  29.2 KB

Here is the chart. The parameter guide is attached.
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 7
Size:  30.6 KB
Attached Images
File Type: pdf GC-TBZ48 Product Configuration Capabilities.pdf (89.6 KB, 1 views)

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old July 11th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Seer Plus

Randy - thanks!

I tried 2032 a number of times before I calculated the value based on your input. 2047 is the value I needed per your graphic which I hadn't yet looked at.

So 2047 does make it all show except battery - thanks!

As for my main issue of Operation State being stuck on Idle, it seems to be cured but I think it cured before I poked the new value into parameter 23.

By the way, for the graphic for Device Mode, for Auto Mode, the default path and filename for the graphic did not contain the graphic (SEL box). I navigated to images/HomeSeer/contemporary/auto-mode.png for the correct image. Of course, each time I rescan the node, I lose this path and have to redo it. Hopefully I'm done doing that. Just curious if this is a Homeseer issue and if anyone else had it.

Thanks again Randy!
Attached Images