Local UPB Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local UPB Control

O.K. I'm rather new to UPB so excuse this if it is a stupid question.

I've got UPStart and a few switches installed, and have read through the UPStart Guide. I understanf transmit and receive links, but how do you control the local action of a switch? For example, can you set a switch so a single top tap goes 100%, and a double tap sets it to 40%? Do you have to use a transmit and the same receive link to do this in a switch? I see how you control OTHER switches, but not a single switch.

Thanks.

Which UPB switch are you using?
    tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

I'm leaning toward the SA 1130W. I like the fact that it can be programmed for Dim or No-Dim where the HAI switches can't. They have assured me that non-Dim switches will work on ceiling fans and flourescent lights.

Comment

I have found that the SA switches in non-dim mode have a pretty clean (but not quite perfect) waveform output. Much better than any other non-relay switch I've used. Therefore they do work for most loads.

Download the newest version of UPStart and run it. You can set it to offline (no UPB interface) mode so that you can see all the programming options for each of the switches.

Some switches support more options than others.

Jon

Originally posted by anogee
        I'm leaning toward the SA 1130W. I like the fact that it can be programmed for Dim or No-Dim where the HAI switches can't. They have assured me that non-Dim switches will work on ceiling fans and flourescent lights.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Why Not Just Use Relay Switch?

What is advantage of trying to use a dimmable switch in non-dim mode? Why not use relay switches for ceiling fans and flourescent lights?

Pete

Originally posted by Oman
          I have found that the SA switches in non-dim mode have a pretty clean (but not quite perfect) waveform output. Much better than any other non-relay switch I've used. Therefore they do work for most loads.

Download the newest version of UPStart and run it. You can set it to offline (no UPB interface) mode so that you can see all the programming options for each of the switches.

Some switches support more options than others.

Jon

Comment

What is advantage of trying to use a dimmable switch in non-dim mode? Why not use relay switches for ceiling fans and flourescent lights?
            Pete, You only have to buy one switch. Also, all the switches will look and feel the same.

Comment

These things are the greatest invention since sliced bread. First of all, there aren't many relay switches. HAI makes one, but I don't think SA does. The HAI relay switch is quite expensive.

Second, having to only buy one switch is so nice. I have many ceiling fans and compact fluorescent lights so most of my switches are non-dim, but if I ever want a bit of dimming, I change the bulbs, reprogram, and thats it.

The only thing I don't think I'd use them for would be switched outlets, but in those cases you could just power the outlet 100% of the time, and use a UPB outlet instead.

Once you use these combo switches, you'll never go back.

Comment

Working...
              X