Multiple commands in script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple commands in script

I've noticed that if I activate or deactivate 2 or more links in a VB script, that usually one or more don't make it. If I separate the commands with a hs.WaitSecs 1, then I don't have a problem. Anyone else see this?

I suppose you should be able to activate multiple links via scripting without using WaitSecs, but I wonder why you just don't make a "master link" that does what you want. I bet the result would be quicker.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

I have about a 100 links, but can't get every single combination of devices for every case, so I sometimes control each device with its own link.

Comment

I've done some testing and have not yet been able to create a problem in my test cases. The plug-in queues outbound commands as they come in, so it should take all your commands and then start transmitting them one after another as the PIM finishes the previous.

The one unusual thing about HomeSeer is that it expects the virtual device value to change immediately, not when the transmission is complete. This means that if you do a device ON,OFF,ON,OFF,ON,OFF in a row all the virtual state changes will happen before the first command is even done transmitting.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of the plug-in. There was a bug way back that could cause a command to be ignored if another thread was in the middle of issuing a command to the same device.

Jon

Originally posted by Jim Doolittle
        I suppose you should be able to activate multiple links via scripting without using WaitSecs, but I wonder why you just don't make a "master link" that does what you want. I bet the result would be quicker.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X