UPB stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB stopping

Here is a problem that I have seen occur maybe 4 or 5 times in the last 6 months. Through HS versions 2.1 up to the present 2.2.0.11

It seems to occur to me after HS has been running days or weeks. For no reason, all UPB will stop, or maybe a better description is all devices fail to respond to UPB. When I go to status and manually switch a light, HS reports it was switched, AND the UPB interface buzzes like it transmitted, but the lights don't switch. Other manual transmitters in the house work fine, so the best I can figure is that something about the UPB transmissions is screwed up. If I restrart HS, all is well so its not a noise problem.

Any ideas how to debug this?

Allen

Turn on debug logging and wait for it to happen again. Then take a look at the log and see if there are errors. UPB is two-way with command confirmations so it should be clear if the device isn't getting the message.

Jon

Originally posted by anogee View Post
    Here is a problem that I have seen occur maybe 4 or 5 times in the last 6 months. Through HS versions 2.1 up to the present 2.2.0.11

It seems to occur to me after HS has been running days or weeks. For no reason, all UPB will stop, or maybe a better description is all devices fail to respond to UPB. When I go to status and manually switch a light, HS reports it was switched, AND the UPB interface buzzes like it transmitted, but the lights don't switch. Other manual transmitters in the house work fine, so the best I can figure is that something about the UPB transmissions is screwed up. If I restrart HS, all is well so its not a noise problem.

Any ideas how to debug this?

Allen
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Do you think I could turn it on AFTER it occurs, or does the debug need to be on all the time? I'm just worried about 10 zillion messages in the log, since it may not occur for days or weeks.

Comment

It would be much better before, but it might render some useful information after.

Jon

Originally posted by anogee View Post
        Do you think I could turn it on AFTER it occurs, or does the debug need to be on all the time? I'm just worried about 10 zillion messages in the log, since it may not occur for days or weeks.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X