Any know of a 220V UPB switch yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any know of a 220V UPB switch yet?

Currently I control my pool pump and pool cleaner pump with an ELK9100 connected to a universal UPB I/O module. It works, but only because I built a big box for it all.

I really also want to control a 220V fountain pump and my pool lights. Currently there is a box mounted on the side of my house, with switches that control these. What I'm looking for is either a 220V UPB switch I can install in the box to control each of these, or a 220V UPB waterproof switch in a box I can mount on the wall. Anyone know of one of these?

Also, I want to conrol my outdoor low-voltage lighting in the back. Anyone ever see an in-line waterproof UPB switch I can plug in the wall, then plug the lighting into it? I know these exist for other protocols.

Thanks.

Anogee,

Regarding a way to control your low voltage lighting, I have been using a standard X10 appliance module inside a heavy duty zip-loc bag outside for 10 years now without any problem. I pushed the plug right through the wall of the bag with the zip end at the botttom. To the best of my knowledge it has never gotten wet.

Also, the newer outdoor recep boxes have a clear plastic cover that will close and cover any plugs that are plugged in. This cover is big enough for an x10 appliance module. It is rain proof.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Anogee,

In regards to the 220V appliation, just get a 220V Contactor, that can be driven from a 110V line. Then hook a normal US2-40 or 1130 in as the load.

Then, bingo, 220V UPB controlled device.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Thanks, both good ideas. Here in Phoenix, a zip lock bag may not survive long, but maybe a plastic box from Radio Shack filled with silicon glue.

The contractor is a good idea, I just need a small one. This is mounted to a box on the side of my house, and I don't want it to be too large. My impression on contractors is that they are large. But I do need about 10A at 220V.

Comment

At 10A, you should be able to get one from an Electrical Supply Store (contractor store) which could be about 4" squareish...

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Anogee,

I use 220V contactors to turn off/on my electric baseboard heaters. When I did this about a year ago I searched for contactors that I could control via a standard x10 appliance module. I was not able to find anything. I ended up using a 220v contactor with a 24v coil. These are readily available for use with HVAC equipment. You can control the contactor with a x10 "Universal" module in line with a 24v transformer.

If you find a contactor that can be controlled via a 110v module, please post the info.

Steve Q
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
            X