UPB Plugin Error- UPB Stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB Plugin Error- UPB Stopping

For the first time that I know of, I got some UPB errors, as opposed to the plugin just seeming to quit.

Here is what the log said:
    7/21/2007 2:27:00 PM - UPB - ***:Error in SetHSLoadDeviceFromUPBMsg: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveN ext() at HSPI_UPB.util.DeviceUpdateManager.SearchForDevice(String DeviceDescrip) at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.SetHSDeviceStatusAndValue(String Hc, String Dc, Int32 Level) at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.SetHSLoadDeviceFromUPBMsg(Object& dv, Boolean DimEnabled, Byte MsgSet, Byte MsgIdent, Byte Data1, Byte Data2, Int32 PresetLvl, Int32 PresetRate)
    7/21/2007 2:27:00 PM - UPB - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\UPB Error Report.Log

I have attached the UPB Error Report.Log but I had to rename it .txt to get it to attach.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

These can happen on rare occasion, it means that at the exact same time that the plug-in was trying to manipulate a HomeSeer device record, so was something else. It should be self-recovering. If it happens often then you likely have some sort of run-away code that is making changes to devices in a very suspicious manor.

Jon

Originally posted by anogee View Post
    For the first time that I know of, I got some UPB errors, as opposed to the plugin just seeming to quit.

Here is what the log said:
    7/21/2007 2:27:00 PM - UPB - ***:Error in SetHSLoadDeviceFromUPBMsg: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveN ext() at HSPI_UPB.util.DeviceUpdateManager.SearchForDevice(String DeviceDescrip) at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.SetHSDeviceStatusAndValue(String Hc, String Dc, Int32 Level) at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.SetHSLoadDeviceFromUPBMsg(Object& dv, Boolean DimEnabled, Byte MsgSet, Byte MsgIdent, Byte Data1, Byte Data2, Int32 PresetLvl, Int32 PresetRate)
    7/21/2007 2:27:00 PM - UPB - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\UPB Error Report.Log

I have attached the UPB Error Report.Log but I had to rename it .txt to get it to attach.

Any ideas?
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Haven't seen it often, but when it did occur, all UPB transmissions stopped from that point forward. Had to restart Homeseer to correct it.

Comment

UPB Not Working

I've got a similar problem with UPB devices not working.

9/29/2007 9:37:23 PM - UPB - ***:Error in InitIO: System.Exception: Can not find the UPB PIM. Please check your UPB configuration settings. at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.InitIO(Int64 Port)

It seems to me that the UPB interface device that I have only works with UPStart and not Homeseer. I have the HAL-RLM01 USB UPB interface module. I have exported the file correctly out of UPStart but nothing works. I am missing something. Does anybody else have the HAL-RLM01 device working? It works fine in HAL Deluxe but I really don't want to go back to HAL Deluxe as it is much inferior to Homeseer Pro, big time.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

I think the HAL PIM uses their own USB interface. It isn't supported.

Jon
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

UPB Not Working

Thanks for the feedback. I bet that is the case. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. All I get is errors. Looks like I can stick with my X10 devices for now as the HAL Deluxe doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.

9/30/2007 11:07:05 AM - UPB - ***:Error in BuildUPBMessage: System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.BuildUPBMessage(UPBMessageType& UPBMsg, Boolean& Link, Int16& Netwrk, Int16& SourceID, Int16& DestID, Int16& MsgSet, Int16& MsgIdent, Int16& Val1, Int16& Val2, Int16& Val3, Int16& Val4)

9/30/2007 11:07:05 AM - UPB - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\UPB Error Report.Log

Comment

The PCS and Simply Automated PIMs are supported. I'll have to see if HAL will send me the specs and a unit so I can see about adding support.

Jon

Originally posted by pcgeek View Post
              Thanks for the feedback. I bet that is the case. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. All I get is errors. Looks like I can stick with my X10 devices for now as the HAL Deluxe doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.

9/30/2007 11:07:05 AM - UPB - ***:Error in BuildUPBMessage: System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.BuildUPBMessage(UPBMessageType& UPBMsg, Boolean& Link, Int16& Netwrk, Int16& SourceID, Int16& DestID, Int16& MsgSet, Int16& MsgIdent, Int16& Val1, Int16& Val2, Int16& Val3, Int16& Val4)

9/30/2007 11:07:05 AM - UPB - Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\UPB Error Report.Log
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
              X