Telephone Legislation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarienbarry
    cable bills are way out of reach. you cant afford to go do anything, so you stay home and watch tv, and now they want to charge more money for phone and cable services? If my cable bill raises again, I will use a converter box and a antenna. all cable is for $55/mo. is reruns on every channel.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freesat) which has hundreds more channels of real real rubbish (including 15 channels of the same broadcast of QVC - no thanks, one is enough), at least its free.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
      We just do over the air. cancelled cable over a year ago. never looked back.

my big complaint is the cost of cable internet. $60 for the base price, plus $10 for extra speed.

CRAZY!
      I pay $14.95 / mo. It's slow..but I can watch Hulu over it without issue.
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
        I pay $14.95 / mo. It's slow..but I can watch Hulu over it without issue.
        yeah, i just checked and come to find out i'm on the fastest plan...i'm going to call them and ask them to drop me down to a cheaper plan, and i'll see how that affects us - we do a lot of internet stuff, hulu/netflix, online gaming, and voip.

ian
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Doolittle View Post
          I just heard that in a couple of weeks your current cell provider will have to let you transfer your cell phone number to another cell provider. Another part of the legislation, is that you can transfer your land-based phone number to a cell phone.

Jim Doolittle
          Doc, I do not believe I am reading this.

In the UK we have been able to transfer our cell phone number to another provider for approx the last 15 years. As for the land line we have been able to keep the same number (including the exchange) when we move to any where in the UK for at least 30 years, and that is well before Digital Telephone Exchanges.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Why was a 7 year old thread resurected? Does this happen a lot on this bulletin board?

Comment

Gogs I have just noticed this thread has been dug up from back in 2003! Does it win some sort of prize for oldest thread revival.

Comment

I couldn't tell you why it was resurrected.. I don't think that happens too much, or at least when it does it stays on topic (unlike this one)
                Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
                X