Texting Cell Phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texting Cell Phones

Does anyone no of a program that would send a pre set text to a cellphone through hsphone.
    Like if a motion sensor is triggered, it would text your blackberry to say that a motion sensor has been tripped.
    Or Even:
    send a text message of a weather warning that has been announce through HS. This might be a great option for one of the weather scripts to be added.
    Or Even:
    A caller ID text from one of the caller id scripts.
    danielbo

You can send an email to the sms address for your cell phone.

I do it with 5555555555@txt.att.net.

Do a Google search for your cell provider, I think most have this functionality.

Comment

Thats the perfect idea. I just didn't think of that, but that would work perfect with all the programs.
      I was also playing around with the blackberry, any idea why I couldnt bring up port 84 on it, to bring up homeseer. I have port forwarding set and never had problems using it from other computers.
      Thank you for your great idea on the texting, I just wasn't thinking, which is normal.
      danielbo

Comment

Glad I could help.

Comment

If you have your BB thru your company then it proxies internet thru a blackberry service/server. You would have to check if the port is open asking your BB support folks and if possible asking them to open the port for you. Buy them lunch or something.

Or make it a business critical request cursing at them because of the problem. (a little drastic but it does work).
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

JoeGrace13 did the perfect job. I worked really good, but thank you for your help and information. Now I am trying to bring up my homeseer home page with my Blackberry. There I am getting errors. I was suggested to use Rover, but havent figured it out yet.
            danielbo

Comment

Working...
            X