Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone successfully using Comcast 'POP' email?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are please tell me what boxes on the HS Email tab you have filled in and what servers are you using.

It works fine through Outlook (MAPI configuration) but no matter how I try to config to Email Setup screen I get the same errors while sending, receiving works fine.

Unable to connect to SMTP server to send email: smtp.comcast.net Info: Network connection aborted by local host

Or, does anyone know of a free POP email service I could use?
    I like Jon00 email setup, I just prefer to keep things as lean as possible.

Thanks everyone, Bill
    Last edited by Bill Brower; April 12, 2006, 06:55 AM.

~Bill

Success here

I just started with Jon00 email a few days ago. Before that the HS email worked just fine here. Sounds like I'm using the same servers as you are. smtp = smtp.comcast.net and pop = mail.comcast.net, Check e-mail = yes, use mapi = no, no user name or password for the smtp. I only used HS to send (Browser to read).

Comment

Thank you for your reply, this is very strange, I will keep plugging away at it....

~Bill

Comment

Found it.

McAfee log says it was blocking them.

~!~Error~!~Unable to connect to SMTP server to send email: smtp.comcast.net Info: Network connection aborted by local host

4/12/2006 4:46:19 AM Blocked by port blocking rule HomeSeer.exe Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail 216.148.227.147

~Bill

Comment

Working...
        X