Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to bypass a zone using a IT100 and PowerSeries 832

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to bypass a zone using the IT100 and a PowerSeries 832? Or does anyone know where I can find the documents to know how to use the Virtual Keypad functionality? I tried using it but it doesnt seem to use the same keypad key presses as my current keypads.

Thanks,
    Bradley

Hi Bradley-

I haven't done this in a while, so forgive me if the key sequences are wrong.

Let's say you want to bypass a zone, and this is accomplished at the panel by pressing * 2, then left twice, then *.

So, create a new event action, and use "Virtual Keypress" as the action. A dropdown will appear with a list of DSC keys. Select * from the first dropdown, and another will appear. From this select 2, then select <, then <, then *.

Save the action, and when you run it, the IT100 essentially simulates you standing at the keypad pressing the buttons.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hi Rich,

I tried that.. Didnt work. On mine its * 1 (then go right or left to desired zone) * #

So for the first zone, simply * 1 * #

or for the second zone, * 1 > * #

But I just get keypad unavailable on the other keypads for about 20 seconds, then when I check the zone it's not bypassed.

Log on first attempt:
      5/18/2007 10:28:44 PM DSC Security Partition Busy1
      5/18/2007 10:28:44 PM DSC Security Command Acknowledge: Last Command Received: 070
      5/18/2007 10:28:44 PM DSC Security Command Acknowledge: Last Command Received: 070
      5/18/2007 10:28:44 PM DSC Security Command Error
      5/18/2007 10:28:39 PM Error Event Default Bypass a Zone contains legacy multiple plug-in action lines. Please delete the event's actions and re-add them.

Log on second attempt:
      5/18/2007 10:29:42 PM DSC Security Partition Ready: 1
      5/18/2007 10:29:29 PM DSC Security Command Acknowledge: Last Command Received: 070
      5/18/2007 10:29:29 PM DSC Security Command Acknowledge: Last Command Received: 070
      5/18/2007 10:29:29 PM DSC Security Command Acknowledge: Last Command Received: 058
      5/18/2007 10:29:09 PM DSC Security Partition Busy1
      5/18/2007 10:29:06 PM DSC Security Partition Ready: 1

Any ideas of why this is happening? Also, the bypass seems to take longer than it should, I believe its just timing out somewhere.

Thanks,
      Bradley

Comment

Hi Brad-

There was an error with the keypress action, which has been resolved in the attached build. Please give it a try.
        Attached Files
        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hi Rich,

Yeah, it now seems to be working... The only weird thing is that I have to do an extra > while navigating through the zones.

Thanks!
          Bradley

Comment

I need the extra > too, but it's not a big issue. I'd far prefer to use a script rather than the virtual kepad, but I can't get BypassZone to work. Also, I see there's no script function to arm a partition in Stay mode, only Away.

What was the rationale behind the drop-down box insted of a plain text field? It's a lot easier to manipulate a free form text field rather then a series of drop-down boxes for each keypress. Was it a validation issue?
            Last edited by beerygaz; September 14, 2007, 05:05 AM.
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Bumping this thread as I'm still struggling to make progress.

I'd like to be able to simply select some zones to bypass and then arm the alarm. Doing this via the Virtual Kepad is very cumbersome as all VK commands to bypass a zone need to be sent at once, I have to build some complex evernts sending a lot of > > > * type commands. I also need to create dummy zones so that I can tell whether a zone is in bypass or not (as this isn't reflected in the device status).

Any ideas of how to better approach this, or if there will be better script support for zone bypass and zone status in the future?
              Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

You can use the instructions below to bypass

You can bypass zones by entering their number rather than use arrow keys and they can be saved in two groups to use later.

Zone Bypassing
                The zone bypassing function is used when access is needed to part of the protected area while the
                system is armed. Zones which are temporarily out of service due to damaged wiring or contacts may
                be bypassed to allow system arming until repairs can be made.
                Bypassed zones will not cause an alarm. Zones cannot be bypassed once the system is armed.
                Bypassed zones are automatically cancelled each time the system is disarmed and must be reapplied
                before the next arming.
                NOTE: For security reasons, your installer may program the system to prevent you from bypassing
                certain zones.
                Bypassing zones reduces your security protection. If you are bypassing a zone due to damaged wiring
                or contacts, please call a service technician immediately so that the problem can be resolved and your
                system returned to proper working order.
                Do not unintentionally bypass zones when you arm your system.
                To bypass zones from an LED keypad:
                Start with the system in the Ready state. Enter [
                Q][1][Zone number(s) to be bypassed].
                Enter the zone number(s) as a double digit from 01 to 32. As each zone is bypassed, the corresponding
                zone light will turn ON. If a zone is bypassed by mistake, press that zone number again and the zone
                light will turn OFF, indicating that the zone is not bypassed. Press [#] to return to the Ready state.
                When the system is armed, the Bypass light will be ON if one or more zones are bypassed.

To bypass zones from an LCD keypad:
                To bypass a zone, the system must be in the Ready state. The display will read...
                Press the [
                Q] key to enter the functions menu. The display will read...
                Press the [
                Q] key to enter the zone bypassing mode. The display will read...
                Use the arrow (< >) keys to find the zone to be bypassed and press the [
                Q

Bypass Groups
                Q][1], followed by your access code, if necessary.
                2. Enter the zone numbers of the zones to be included in the Bypass Group. Each zone number is two digits.
                3. Once all zones to be included have been selected, press [9][5] for Bypass Group #1 or [9][6] for
                Bypass Group #2.
                To select a Bypass Group when arming the system, perform the following:
                1. Press [
                Q][1], followed by your access code, if necessary.
                2. Press [9][1] to select Bypass Group #1 or [9][2] for Bypass Group #2.
                3. Press [#] to return to the Ready state. Arm the system.

Additional Zone Bypassing Features
                To recall the last set of bypassed zones, press [
                Q][1][9][9]. Arm the system. The Bypass light will turn
                on to indicate that zones are bypassed.

To clear all bypassed zones, press [
                Q][1][0][0].

Comment

Great info, thanks a lot h2h. Any ideas on how to tell if a zone is already in bypass or not?

Comment

There are zone bypass and unbypass triggers that you might use.

Comment

has there been any more development on bypassing zones and getting the bypass status of a zone; the current implementation of the DSC Security plugin (I'm running 3.0.0.56) seems to have some major bugs in this area for the "IT 100" panel. Sometimes the zone status is reported correctly as 607, but most of the time the zone just shows open (609) or restored (610) - despite the zone having been bypassed - either manually through a physical keypad or via the "Bypass Zone" command (100) for a zone device.

This behavior makes the bypass functionality completely un-usable via the DSC Security plugin. Please help!!!

Comment

scheder@ga.com This is an old thread but did you find a way to get the bypass status using the IT 100 and DSCPlugin?

Comment

Originally posted by hart2hart View Post
                          There are zone bypass and unbypass triggers that you might use.
                          How do you do that? I tried and it doesn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by scheder@ga.com View Post
                            has there been any more development on bypassing zones and getting the bypass status of a zone; the current implementation of the DSC Security plugin (I'm running 3.0.0.56) seems to have some major bugs in this area for the "IT 100" panel. Sometimes the zone status is reported correctly as 607, but most of the time the zone just shows open (609) or restored (610) - despite the zone having been bypassed - either manually through a physical keypad or via the "Bypass Zone" command (100) for a zone device.

This behavior makes the bypass functionality completely un-usable via the DSC Security plugin. Please help!!!
                            I have the same issue here. It's a serious security issue that you can't get and control the bypass/un-bypass status. If you resolved it please let me know how. If not then please contact HS and tell them to fix this (support@homeseer.com) I did but they are ignoring me. This is such a basic and very important security feature. I don't understand why they haven't addressed this for 2 years!!!!

Comment

rjh Can somebody please look into this. It's probably the biggest issue I have with HS. This really needs to get resolved, i.e. being able to trigger events on bypass/un-bypass event (which still means I have to create a bunch of virtual devices and events to keep track of the status but at least I can get the info and act on it) See also this thread https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...nbypass-events

Comment

Working...
                              X