Suggested modem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggested modem

I currently have a Conexant D850 56k V.9x DFVx PCI modem, and so far cannot get the silly thing to drop/block calls. I am looking to replace the modem because I want the drop/block feature to work with the UltraCID software.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a low-profile PCI or USB modem that is known to support the drop/block feature ??

Thanks,
    B_Williams

Hello. What operating system are you using?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am running WinXP Pro SP3.

I had thought Sunday evening. Is it possible for the drop call feature to work properly, I need to wire the modem differently? Currently I have the modem wired just like a regular extension (i.e. all phone are wired in parallel). I remember reading somewhere that the HomeSeer modem requires the main phone line to be connected to the modem first (into the line connector), then all the house phones are connected to the output (marked on the backplate as a phone) of the modem. How do you have you phones and modem connected??

Thanks,
      B_Williams

Comment

No, the wiring you have should be fine. The drop caller action changes the modem to voice mode before answering the call (so the caller doesn't hear a modem tone), then hangs up.

If you connect to your modem using hyper-terminal, then issue these commands, you does your modem return?

AT+FCLASS=8
        AT+VLS=5
        ATH
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultrajones,

My modem responses are as follows:
          AT+FCLASS=8 response = Ok
          AT+VLS=5 response = Ok
          ATH response = Ok

I running UltraCID version = 1.1.3718.23025
          I have also attached a screen capture of my setup screen.

Thanks,
          B_Williams
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Just to verify how the software works, check the Block checkbox associated with each phone number I want to block. Is that the only change I need to make ?? I assume I don't need an event to handle the block.

Does anyone have a modem that works with the block call feature ??

Thanks,
            B_Williams

Comment

I am using the Rosewill RNX-56USB with great success. I have had a 100% caller ID rate and the drop call action works every time.

I believe the issue with your modem is that features are returning "OK" even though the manufacturer didn't implement them (e.g. Dell). Did the modem you are currently using come with the PC?

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

There is a good possibility that the modem is missing the required feature(s). Yes the modem was pre-installed in a PC.

I looked into the Rosewill RNX-56USB modem but found several reviews that the users could not get CID to work. NewEgg.com website has several users and there is one within this forum, that state the modem does work with CID.

What is the full part number on the one you have working? Maybe there are different models.

Thanks,
                B_Williams

Comment

Working...
                X