X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will likely be a couple of days.
    There are a few things I want to add.
    I am off after today until Jan 3rd so I should be able to get things done.

I am likely going to have to rebuild my web server machine as the hard drive is failing so that is going to take me a bit too.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      It will likely be a couple of days.
      There are a few things I want to add.
      I am off after today until Jan 3rd so I should be able to get things done.

I am likely going to have to rebuild my web server machine as the hard drive is failing so that is going to take me a bit too.
      Oh man!

That sucks. Ok, well, let me know if I can help! THANKS FOR DOING THIS!
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

>I was thinking of adding a new script call to set a hold temperature and >allow the user to specify how long they want to hold the temperature >for.

Blade,
        I may have misunderstood you. Are saying that I will be setting up the hold temperature on your page. In my case, my wife physically increases ( or decreases ) the temperature at the thermostat and forgets about it. What would work best in my case is if any time the temperature swings from its "Current Set Point", it should revert back after 'X' number of minuets. "Current Set Point" should depend on the schedule.

Thank you,
        BIGMACK48

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
          >I was thinking of adding a new script call to set a hold temperature and >allow the user to specify how long they want to hold the temperature >for.

Blade,
          I may have misunderstood you. Are saying that I will be setting up the hold temperature on your page. In my case, my wife physically increases ( or decreases ) the temperature at the thermostat and forgets about it. What would work best in my case is if any time the temperature swings from its "Current Set Point", it should revert back after 'X' number of minuets. "Current Set Point" should depend on the schedule.

Thank you,
          BIGMACK48
          That is what he is doing. You set the default times, the other settings in the Plugin COnfig page, like you would any other plugin, and then the rest is automagic.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I have updated the plugin.
            Click on the link in the first post to download the new build

I have added some fixes and real-time activity logging.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Hi there,

I really like it. Very clean!

On install, it told me there was a file that was read only and that I had to retry to unlock it.

Normal?

Also, I have trane tstats and they do support hold but in the interface it says that they do not support it. How do I change that?

How can I call the data in this plug versus the data frosm the HS code for my hstouch installs?

So far, this is great!

Now for the feedback! Only one!

When you click save, could you report back with a saved or soe sort of confirmation that it was saved? This is in the options tab.

Comment

Rich informed me that Zensys does not support hold for the thermostats.
                I am afraid we are out of luck until they support it.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Rich informed me that Zensys does not support hold for the thermostats.
                  I am afraid we are out of luck until they support it.
                  I spoke with RCS today and they said that their stats support it put of the box. That odd, of thanks, blade!
                  Last edited by Dafunktyfunk; December 22, 2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Ok, some observations and thoughts...

When you click on blstat, you get a Select a link from the ones listed above. I think that shoul take you directly to the thermostat page so you don't have another click.

Second, in iPad using the web intface, there is no set point option to set the temp. looks like there is no set point on any of the pages in any device using the web interface.

Third, using it on a trane tstat, it appears that you can't send too many commands close together. For example, today I turned the heat off and then changed my mind. The off command went fine, click, tstat went off.when I turned the heat back on, the status in blstat said it operating in heating yet the stat was not. I polled and refreshed and the status on the stat itself did not match the blstat page.

an observation i made is that the when the hvac is in a mode, say heater, the Mode column shows a red Heat (nice touch BTW) and the the Operating column shows a red Heating. This Heating is shown whether the furnace is on or idle. Can you make it say Heating in the operating column only when there is an actual call for heat where the furnace is actually on? Maybe have it say Idle when the unit is not actually on. On a side note, if the Furnace was on and I turned it off in the middle of a cycle, the Mode would change from a red Heat to a black Off but the operating column would then just say Yes until the fan turns off. Could that say something else, like venting or cool down or something? The reason I ask is that here, forced gas heat required that when a furnace is turned off, air must pass through the exchanger to keep it from just sitting HOT up there after the gas off. Like moving a pot off an electric stove burner.

In the stat page you list what the stat supports
                    No. Supports
                    Stat Temp Heat SP Cool SP Mode Fan Hold Operating Supports Cool SP
                    There is no Supports Heat SP

Idea.... For setting set points, can there be direct temp discrete codes? Or better yet, a way to set the temp directly in the stat page?
                    Last edited by Dafunktyfunk; December 22, 2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                      Ok, some observations and thoughts...

When you click on blstat, you get a Select a link from the ones listed above. I think that shoul take you directly to the thermostat page so you don't have another click.

Second, in iPad using the web intface, there is no set point option to set the temp. looks like there is no set point on any of the pages in any device using the web interface.

Third, using it on a trane tstat, it appears that you can't send too many commands close together. For example, today I turned the heat off and then changed my mind. The off command went fine, click, tstat went off.when I turned the heat back on, the status in blstat said it operating in heating yet the stat was not. I polled and refreshed and the status on the stat itself did not match the blstat page.

an observation i made is that the when the hvac is in a mode, say heater, the Mode column shows a red Heat (nice touch BTW) and the the Operating column shows a red Heating. This Heating is shown whether the furnace is on or idle. Can you make it say Heating in the operating column only when there is an actual call for heat where the furnace is actually on? Maybe have it say Idle when the unit is not actually on. On a side note, if the Furnace was on and I turned it off in the middle of a cycle, the Mode would change from a red Heat to a black Off but the operating column would then just say Yes until the fan turns off. Could that say something else, like venting or cool down or something? The reason I ask is that here, forced gas heat required that when a furnace is turned off, air must pass through the exchanger to keep it from just sitting HOT up there after the gas off. Like moving a pot off an electric stove burner.

In the stat page you list what the stat supports
                      No. Supports
                      Stat Temp Heat SP Cool SP Mode Fan Hold Operating Supports Cool SP
                      There is no Supports Heat SP

Idea.... For setting set points, can there be direct temp discrete codes? Or better yet, a way to set the temp directly in the stat page?
                      There is an issue with stat reporting if it is actually heating or cooling. Rich is looking into this. Once he figures it out the call I make should work.

There is no call for supports heat setpoint.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

There is an issue with stat reporting if it is actually heating or cooling. Rich is looking into this. Once he figures it out the call I make should work.

There is no call for supports heat setpoint.
                        Thanks, Blade!

Hey, I am getting some odd errors from the stats...

Originally posted by "The Log
                        12/22/2010 9:24:31 AM ZWave Thermostats Error in GetSupportedFanModes for node 7: Return was null
                        12/22/2010 9:24:31 AM ZWave Thermostats Devices Updated for thermostat: Tstat UpStairs
                        12/22/2010 9:24:32 AM BLStat warning No Thermostats exist in HomeSeer.
                        12/22/2010 9:24:36 AM ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to an error retrieving the temperature. Tstat UpStairs Node: 7
                        12/22/2010 9:24:41 AM ZWave Thermostats Error in GetSupportedModes for node 7: Return was null
                        12/22/2010 9:24:45 AM Network Speaker client connected from: 127.0.0.1
                        12/22/2010 9:24:46 AM Warning Speaker client at 127.0.0.1 (HomeTroller) was connected because no password is required for the local subnet, but the password, user ID (default), or access rights are NOT valid for a remote network login.
                        12/22/2010 9:24:46 AM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: HomeTroller IP address: 127.0.0.1
                        12/22/2010 9:24:46 AM ZWave Thermostats Error in GetSupportedFanModes for node 7: Return was null
                        12/22/2010 9:24:46 AM ZWave Thermostats Devices Updated for thermostat: Tstat UpStairs
                        12/22/2010 9:24:46 AM ZWave Thermostats Devices Updated for thermostat: Tstat Dnstairs
                        12/22/2010 9:24:58 AM ZWave Thermostats 2 Thermostats converted Successfully.
                        12/22/2010 9:25:19 AM BLStat Info 2 Thermostats have been loaded
                        12/22/2010 9:27:02 AM ConfigIO Calling ConfigIO for BLStat
                        12/22/2010 9:27:10 AM ConfigIO Calling ConfigIO for BLStat
                        12/22/2010 9:35:19 AM Plug-In Shutting down generic Plug-In: BLStat
                        12/22/2010 9:35:21 AM BLStat end BLStat plugin has been shutdown
                        12/22/2010 9:37:59 AM Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/ZWave_status
                        12/22/2010 9:38:05 AM Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/ZWave_status

Comment

I do not believe those errors are coming out of my plugin.
                          They are definitely related to the stats but I think it is coming out of HS
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I have posted a new build of the plugin.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Blade,

You have done a great job so far.

Thank you for adding the color. Could you also add some boxes or Lines around the data display fields to make it easier to read. I will spend more time over the next few days to take a closer look at BlStat.

Thank you

Bigmack48

Comment

Blade,

>> Here is an example of the script call:<<

SetHoldTemperature(thermostatNumber, tempNumber, holdTemp, holdMinutes)

holdMinutes would be optional. If it is not specified then the plugin will use the default on the options page. <<

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to a way to enter Min (cooling) and Max (heating) and Number of Minutes for each thermostat on the page. If my wife turn up the Thermostat on the wall higher that my Max (for heating) after the number minutes has been reach the thermostat is set back to the setpoint temp or if a schedule time temp is set. The same approach would be setup for cooling.

Thank You

BIgMack48
                                Last edited by BIGMACK48; December 23, 2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X