hs 2 license server offline???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs 2 license server offline???

had to reinstall my hs2 and it asked to register, it cant as it says the licence server is offline?? is this a way of FORCING an upgrade ? or just an error, oversight or something?

not ready to move to hs3 yet even though i purchased it as i woudl loose a lot of the scripts.
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Curious how you are registering it?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I tried it just now and got the following response:
      Server is down or improper response: 500/0

Comment

exactly what I was getting which means if you ever need to re install your screwed
        detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

is this a way of FORCING an upgrade ? or just an error, oversight or something?
          Looking at the good side of things I would say its an oversight; looking at the dark side would put HS on my s list relating to business etiquette...but heck its their business....

Yeah here never did shut down my HS2 (2) boxes and have partition and directory copies of builds going back almost 10 years now.

I did see licensing issues when testing and updating my builds to HS2 V.81 which indeed did frustrate me enough at the time to almost give up "testing".

My preference here has been autonomous boxes (I like VMs but privy to having more than 2 of everything to test with).

Do you have an ancillary backup of the HS2 directory / drive partition image that you could use? (you could maybe just utilize the LF files there).

You should be able to use that maybe?

Here I have been helping another HS user configure one machine to run both HS2 and HS3 and he keeps flipping from one to another back and forth; seems to be working fine for him...
          Last edited by Pete; June 12, 2014, 06:55 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Please put in a licensing help desk ticket on any licensing issues. The licensing server was replaced this week and the techs are still working out the details.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp, that probably explains why I haven't received the code yet for the plugin I purchased a few days ago.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yikes. I hope this is just a server problem. I have a plugin that still need to activate, even as old as my install is (been too busy with other things). Has anyone called them?

Comment

Yes i put in a ticket last night, waiting to hear back.. you dont realize HOW much you rely on homeseer till something like this happens.. most noticeable i walk into my dark bathroom and stand there wondering why the lights arnt turning on, like I have forgotten how to turn them on manually and I actually had to make my OWN coffee this morning If this goes on much longer I may need to get a wife ( next best thing to HS )

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                    Yes i put in a ticket last night, waiting to hear back.. you dont realize HOW much you rely on homeseer till something like this happens.. most noticeable i walk into my dark bathroom and stand there wondering why the lights arnt turning on, like I have forgotten how to turn them on manually and I actually had to make my OWN coffee this morning If this goes on much longer I may need to get a wife ( next best thing to HS )

You get into other interdependencies with a wife.

Remember the KISS principle. HS is easier to operate than wife 1.0, so stick with that until you are compelled otherwise.

Comment

lol true and you cant upgrade your wife every 6 months to the latest version ( Although looking at the divorce courts, maybe you can )

lol i see a " 10 reasons why Homeseer is better than a wife" thread coming

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        Thanks Rupp, that probably explains why I haven't received the code yet for the plugin I purchased a few days ago.

Cheers
                        Al
                        Please put in a help desk request for any of these types of issues so they do not fall through the cracks.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                          lol true and you cant upgrade your wife every 6 months to the latest version ( Although looking at the divorce courts, maybe you can )

lol i see a " 10 reasons why Homeseer is better than a wife" thread coming
                          Yeah.. those upgrade fees are horrendous.... and even after, you may find some serious bugs.
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                          X