Find my iPhone plugin for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate this plug-in with Paul Huddlestone's excellent location plug-in. His let's you set locations as near or away and uses different apps on the iPhone and android. Otherwise your two plugins are kinda doing the same thing just by different methods....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pleas point me in the right direction

Steve
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
      Attached is a plugin that I'm developing.

Place it in your HS3 directory. Run it once to create the HSPI_RSFindMyDevice.xml config file.

How ??
      Steve

Comment

New version released. Please see the top post.

V1.0.0.8
        --------------
        Added a refresh button for each account. It can also be used in events.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
          So Am I correct in thinking that this is just one file to download ??. If I open it up in Notepad its all funny characters. What am I doing wrong here. Never had this problem before installing PI.

Some input would really be appreciated . Like anything in life, its easy when you know how !

Thanks

Steve
          This is for windows. The file you download is a compressed .zip file. Inside it are four files. Unzip the file then follow the instructions in the first post where to put them. The .exe file is the one you run once. It is highlighted in the screenshot below. In my Windows installation the application extensions are hidden, so you don't see the .exe on the end. The one below where you see the .exe really has another file extension at the end.
          Attached Files
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks, the only problem is when I download the zip file it is a single php file that's all I'm getting . I do not get a folder with any files in. This is the bit I am struggling with . I can't seem to download it I the first place!

Cheers

Steve
            Steve

Comment

Thanks, the only problem is when I download the zip file it is a single php file that's all I'm getting . I do not get a folder with any files in. This is the bit I am struggling with . I can't seem to download it I the first place!

Cheers

Steve

I bet you have some kind of extension problem. Are you sure the extension on the file is .php? Try changing it to .zip and the right click on it and extract...

Comment

Do you use "save target as"? Try to click the link instead of save target as? (A long shot)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Comment

If you are running Windows and you are clicking on the link, not "Save Target As", the I would guess you have some different security settings in your browser. I have found Chrome to be a lot friendlier on downloads - maybe try a different browser.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for all for you help. I will try Your suggestions and see how I get on
                    Steve

Comment

Brilliant. I changed the extension to .zip and that done the trick.

All working, although I cannot see how to add another account to the PI.

Is this done in the .xml file?

Cheers

Steve
                      Steve

Comment

Any help on adding a second account would be very much appreciated :-)
                        Steve

Comment

Any help on adding a second account would be very much appreciated :-)
                          <
                          Just add another account entry:
                          Code:
                          <Accounts>
                            <Account>
                                <Username>user1</Username>
                                <Password>pASSwORD</Password>
                                <UpdateRate>60000</UpdateRate>
                            </Account>
                            <Account>
                                <Username>user2</Username>
                                <Password>pASSwORD</Password>
                                <UpdateRate>60000</UpdateRate>
                            </Account>
                          </Accounts>
                          Last edited by jbbtex; October 14, 2014, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks,

I have added other account details as above but cannot see any new devices created for the new account. I have stopped and restarted PI but no avail. I am a little confused as to whether or not I need another API key for the second account. If so
                            , I cannot see any place to put it . Sorry for my lack of knowledge on scripting etc .
                            Steve

Comment

Thanks,

I have added other account details as above but cannot see any new devices created for the new account. I have stopped and restarted PI but no avail. I am a little confused as to whether or not I need another API key for the second account. If so
                              , I cannot see any place to put it . Sorry for my lack of knowledge on scripting etc .
                              You only need one API Key entry.

Stop the PI, make your changes to the XML, save and restart the plug-in.

I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but in iCloud settings on the devices associated with the account, do you have Find My Phone turned on?

Comment

Thanks,

Although I still cannot get the second accounts show. I must be missing the obvious here. I have added the account details as suggested, restarted the PI but no devices are created. Find my phone is enabled on the device!

Help much appreciated
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X