Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan circulation

Hi Spud;

Great plugin! I just swapped out my Honeywell Thermostats for Nest ones. One thing I noticed the Honeywell had a Fan Circulate option. So during the summer when we had the A/C going, it would run every for 15mins every hour or so and did a great job keeping some zones pretty stable temp wise. I see the Nest plugin lets me turn the fan on/off, but no circulate. Looking at the thermostat settings on their site, I see they can circulate (with a schedule and such), but not sure if that's API accessible to turn that on/off (I'm not sure if the fan_timer_active is the right one or not.) Is that something you can maybe check out?

Thanks!

-Mike

I attached a screen shot of the setting I am referring to on their site. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't think this setting is available from the API. fan_timer_active is what the plugin currently use to turn the fan on/off.

Comment

Hi Spud; Thanks for the quick reply! Is it possible that an event action could be created so I could create a scheduled HS event to run every hour or so, but have the Fan run for X mins using the timer they allow on their site? Thanks!

Comment

You can just activate the feature on the Nest. That's what I do...

I used to have Honeywell thermostat as well...

Comment

Originally posted by DeVon View Post
            You can just activate the feature on the Nest. That's what I do...

I used to have Honeywell thermostat as well...
            Thanks, I do know, but I think it runs for heat/cool where I really just want it for cool only. I used to do it automatically that if tstats were set to cool, it would turn it on circulate automatically, and if not cool, shut it off.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              I don't think this setting is available from the API. fan_timer_active is what the plugin currently use to turn the fan on/off.
              That activates the fan timer and not the fan correct?

So for example, if you setup as in the previous screenshot in the nest app for the fan to come on every hour for 15 minutes, then this setting in the plugin either enables or disables that?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Working...
              X