Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich,

I keep getting the follow:

Jun-21 09:39:07 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
    Jun-21 09:39:07 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
    Jun-21 09:38:57 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
    Jun-21 09:38:48 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
    Jun-21 09:38:48 Error Authenticating SSL stream: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

where is the inner exception?

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Are things working ok, or is it not working at all?

I added the inner exception message to build 450, so when that gets posted you can see if the inner exception has more information.

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
      Rich,

I keep getting the follow:

Jun-21 09:38:57 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
      Jun-21 09:38:48 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
      Jun-21 09:38:48 Error Authenticating SSL stream: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

where is the inner exception?

Michael
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Backup/restore is a sore spot and we have plans on implementing an automated backup through MyHS (or local) so you just check a box and your system is backed up. You can easily go back to any specific back up. I would love for this to be unnecessary but with so many scripts, plugins, etc. its just too easy to muck something up.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        Got the old file license back - and things are fine. This is another UX issue... 'normal' customers/users wont know, or want to know, to do this manual work. You don't have a auto-backup/restore provision to protect upgrades from messing up things. If you plan to try to go main stream, a fail safe / fail back, method will be necessary.
        ... if you are not trying to make HS3 more user friendly let me know and I'll stop pointing out critical (barrier to adoption and support nightmares) the HS3 UX gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Backup/restore is a sore spot and we have plans on implementing an automated backup through MyHS (or local) so you just check a box and your system is backed up. You can easily go back to any specific back up. I would love for this to be unnecessary but with so many scripts, plugins, etc. its just too easy to muck something up.

I for one, am happy with things as they are, after implementing BLBackup. Saved me so many times, and it is simple to fix, once you "learn" how. with blbackup I know what is backed up, where it is backed up, and how often it is backed up. I can backup to as many locations as I choose, and as often as I choose, giving me maximum flexibility. I really really dislike this trend in the internet world to backup, store, and share on some friggin cloud someplace that will "eventually" get hacked.

Keep up the good work Rich.

Comment

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Are things working ok, or is it not working at all?

I added the inner exception message to build 450, so when that gets posted you can see if the inner exception has more information.
              Thanks. I will let you know when I hit 450.
              Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
              BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Just asking if those with memory usage creeping up, are you using timers in your events? I made a thread about my cpu usage going through the roof on my rpi3 and it seemed to stem from a hs3 process called timer-scheduler. No one could tell me what this process does but I assumed it did what it said on the tin. I've recently started from scratch and just slowly reintroducing my old setup bit by bit to find the cause. Timers will be next so I can report back but I'm still on .445 currently

Comment

Timer-scheduler is a MONO process used to schedule .net timers. There appears to be leak related to this so I removed all the calls in HS that use the .net timer class. This fixes this leak. So make sure you are using the latest version of HS.

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
                  Just asking if those with memory usage creeping up, are you using timers in your events? I made a thread about my cpu usage going through the roof on my rpi3 and it seemed to stem from a hs3 process called timer-scheduler. No one could tell me what this process does but I assumed it did what it said on the tin. I've recently started from scratch and just slowly reintroducing my old setup bit by bit to find the cause. Timers will be next so I can report back but I'm still on .445 currently

Comment

There appears to be leak related to this so I removed all the calls in HS that use the .net timer class. This fixes this leak. So make sure you are using the latest version of HS.
                    ... but this happenede before .435, if I remember correctly? Does not explain the problem if he's on .445.
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

HS is not using any timers so if he is seeing them in the processes then maybe a plugin is using them. Disabling plugins and enabling one at a time will spot which one is using them.

I believe this issue is fixed in a newer version of MONO.

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                      ... but this happenede before .435, if I remember correctly? Does not explain the problem if he's on .445.

Comment

My apologies i forgot to mention that was when using .435, ive now upgraded HS3 and mono to the latest. Was not aware that this had been identified and corrected. Good work

Comment

I also have this memory leak issue. I am on Mono version 5.0.1.1 as it is the latest version that ASPX pages work on (to my knowledge)

I have set up a separate test system now to try and locate plugins that may cause the leak. First one I have located is Moskus' TibberSseer plugin. When I enabled it on my test system memory started creeping up slowly (however not as fast as on my main system)

Disabled TibberSeer on my main system and memory is still creeping up so there are more plugins doing this, will investigate furter.

I'm also going to set up an additional system with latest version of mono and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
                            First one I have located is Moskus' TibberSseer plugin.
                            Okay? I've been running it on several Zee2's, and can't say I see the same thing. All "timer related" functions are using threads (as I also discovered that mono bug), and I haven't seen any more leaks after that.

But I'll take a look again.
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

My SSL website only lasted about 48 hours this time before it went down with the following in the log:

Jun-29 00:56:04 Error Authenticating SSL stream inner exception: The function requested is not supported
                              Jun-29 00:56:04 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
                              Jun-29 00:56:03 Error Authenticating SSL stream inner exception: The function requested is not supported
                              Jun-29 00:56:03 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
                              Jun-29 00:56:00 weatherXML Triggers to check: 0
                              Jun-29 00:55:53 Error Authenticating SSL stream inner exception: The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm
                              Jun-29 00:55:53 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
                              Jun-29 00:55:43 Error Authenticating SSL stream inner exception: The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm
                              Jun-29 00:55:43 Error Authenticating SSL stream: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
                              Jun-29 00:55:42 Error Authenticating SSL stream: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

There just is not enough in the log to give a clue as to what is going on. My suspicion is that someone/something is trying to gain access to the web server via an attack and is overloading the web server.

This time it lasted just over 24 hours before it went down. I restarted it on the 29th and on the 30th at 10 am the following errors are in the log and I was not able to get in over SSL:

Jun-30 10:15:40 Error Authenticating SSL stream: Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.
                              Jun-30 10:15:32 Error Authenticating SSL stream: Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.
                              Jun-30 10:15:24 Error Authenticating SSL stream: Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.
                              Last edited by Jobee; July 1, 2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Free SSLs

For anyone who whats to use SSL and does not want to use a self signed cert or pay for a cert, you now have an option. Go to Let's Encrypt and you can get a free SSL Cert for your server.

https://letsencrypt.org/getting-started/

Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X