No announcement yet.

Beta JowiHue: adding support for RaspBee and ConBee gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a INI file and adding the ip there worked fine, thanks!

Comment

Great!
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi, which one to buy

Hi,

I am very interested in your plug-in and the use of the zigbee deconz functionality.

a quick question:

Which do you recommend the USB device or the Raspberri device?

Which one has the best range, or more features or less issues.

the price difference is not much so that is not that impactfull on the decision.

Thanks
        Chris

Comment

Chris,

Which one is best for you is depending on what you want. The raspbee is running on a Rasberry and seems to run fine with many lights (60+ lights are known by me), according to dresden electronics 200 should be possible. The same goes for the conbee, 200 is the maximum. But the conbee has the advantage it can be connected to a more powerfull machine if performance becomes an issue (did not get reports about that yet).

On the other side, at this moment there seems to be a bit of an issue with reachabililty of the webapp part for the conbee. The plugin will be having an update next week that solves an issue with that, another part is still handled by the developers of deCONZ. I am sure they will solve it, but do not know when yet.

Overall, once deCONZ is out of beta, I expect both choices are the same, where the main difference would be that the ConBee can be connected on the HS3 machine, and raspBee can be placed on a place apart of the HS3 pc...

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I have just got my Conbee attached, Deconz installed, JowiHue connected to Deconz and waiting for some Xaiomi sensors.

I assume that it is best to decommission my old Hue bridge and end up with a single zigbee network.

What is the best way of moving my lights from the Hue/JowiHue across to the Conbee/JowiHue and does that mean I need to alter existing events?

Steve

Comment

Maybe not the right place, but I haven't found any other place. I have the jowiHue plugin, and trying to move my Hue Sensors from Philips bridge to the Raspbee. I can include the sensors in deconz, but not comes up with all four sensors. Some missing temperature, some missing motion, and some missing battery. I have tried to reset the sensors, and re include them, but no luck. I do need help.

Comment

I have just managed to successfully move across a number of lights so i thought i would go through what i did for anyone else that initially struggles.

The DeConz web application has a facility to allow a bulb associated with another Hub to be reset.

To do that the bulb needs to be powered on 50CM from the gateway (in my case a Conbee) then select settings and enable advance settings.

At the bottom of the page is an option to Reset devices via Touchlink. Scan for devices and then for each device found that you wish to reset select reset. The device is reset , associated to DeConz with the option to edit the bulb name and associate it to a group. No changes were required in JowiHue it continued to see the same HS device which works the same bulb only now via the new gateway.

Originally posted by theendisnye View Post
                I have just got my Conbee attached, Deconz installed, JowiHue connected to Deconz and waiting for some Xaiomi sensors.

I assume that it is best to decommission my old Hue bridge and end up with a single zigbee network.

What is the best way of moving my lights from the Hue/JowiHue across to the Conbee/JowiHue and does that mean I need to alter existing events?

Steve

Comment

I am experiencing issues with scenes. I have four JowiHue scenes which I use for alerts. They use standard presets and the alert flash 30 sec parameter. Whilst the preset works ok on its own the alert seems to always flash white rather than the colour it used to flash.

Steve

Comment

I have experimented a bit more. I moved a hue light back to the old bridge and that works as expected. I also noticed that at the start and end of the alert flash on the DeConz bridge that the colour was correct it is just the flashes that are wrong.

Originally posted by theendisnye View Post
                    I am experiencing issues with scenes. I have four JowiHue scenes which I use for alerts. They use standard presets and the alert flash 30 sec parameter. Whilst the preset works ok on its own the alert seems to always flash white rather than the colour it used to flash.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

It can be that the deCONZ gateway is responding differently than the Philips bridge. I remember seeing something similar here during tests.
                      If I have some time, I will check this here also. Chances are that I cannot change the behaviour with the plugin, then it needs to be taken to the developer of deCONZ.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

So wait, with a ConBee USB gateway and this plug-in I can use the Lowes Zigbee devices or is this just for lights?
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

ServiceXP,

I do not know the lowes devices, I see they have many sylvania lightify (osram) devices and serveral should indeed be supported, but I do know of one user who has issues with the motion device. Other devices might work, but as the deCONZ interface is still in beta, you might need an extra look at the github site of the developer of deCONZ (software that needs to run on the ConBee/RaspBee). As rule of thumb if the Zigbee device support Zigbee 3 protocol, or ZigBee HA 1.2, it should work.

The orbits are supported as far I know and the Iris I have not seen yet.

And remember, you will need at least one light connected to the gateway to let sensors work.

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                            So wait, with a ConBee USB gateway and this plug-in I can use the Lowes Zigbee devices or is this just for lights?
                            I have the Osram Color and White bulbs and they work fine. BUT the motion sensor as Wim said does not. The Hue motion sensor works great.

Comment

Hello w.vuyk - I am new to HomeSeer but have been using a RaspBee and deCONZ for some time now. I'm trying to get it connected to your plugin but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the RaspBee discovered or add it manually. I am running on Linux.

I noticed that I could create the file /HomeSeer/config/JowiHue.ini for manual detection; and I have done this, but the plugin still does not seem to find the RaspBee. Also, this file is not cleared (which the wiki/docs seem to say will happen when that file is read). Can you advise if there is another way to force detection?

Thanks!

Comment

Are you having the raspbee on a different subnet or VLAN then the plugin maybe? This will not work for the discovery.
                                Or is UPNP disabled on the router and/or the Linux machine you are using?

The ini file is only cleared when the plugin finds the address mentioned. Do you see any error in the HS3 log maybe?

Wim
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X