This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aprilaire Thermostat remote sensor

I just upated the Aprilaire plugin from the updater. It now has the documentation in help menu. The thermostat works fine and all functions work except the remote sensor which has worked fine in Homeseer one using the enerzone scprit. I followed the directions in the help menu but I don't see anything displayed in the gray box. When I look in the status page under Aprilaire Thermostat I see the remote sensor name but the value is "0". Has this function been tested and verified to work ok? If so how can I debug this problem?

Steve

Found and Fixed

Hello,

Looks like you caught a bug, we were actually never getting the remote sensor temperature, OR updating it on the status page! Both have been fixed in this build, which is attached. It will be in the updater later today, but if you just can't wait, extract the .DLL file to your HomeSeer directory, run HomeSeer, and It will take care of the rest.

Please let me know if there are any other issues.

See my post below for the latest build.
    Last edited by RJ; July 5, 2006, 09:27 AM.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

RJ,

I installed the update via the updater and I noticed the following errors in the log

6/29/2006 9:27:31 PM - Aprilaire Therm - Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "79F" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
      6/29/2006 9:27:31 PM - Aprilaire Therm - Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "43F" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
      6/29/2006 9:28:31 PM - Aprilaire Therm - Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "79F" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
      6/29/2006 9:28:31 PM - Aprilaire Therm - Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "43F" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
      6/29/2006 9:29:32 PM - Aprilaire Therm - Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "79F" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
      6/29/2006 9:29:32 PM - Aprilaire Therm - Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "43F" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

The remote sensor is now displyed in the gray box but the value reads 0. Works ok in homeseer 1 with enerzone script.

Regards
      Steve

Comment

Whoops, my bad. I forgot to take the "F" off. This build should do the trick. We don't have a remote sensor to test with here, this is probably why it's not working.
        Last edited by RJ; July 18, 2006, 10:52 AM.
        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Ok, Been testing for a week and looks like the remote sensor data is now being reported correctly. I have another question. Is there anyway to assign the remote sensor data to a virtual device so I can use it in an external scritpt? Also how about the thermostat temp can this be assigned to a virtual device?

Regards
          Steve

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for not responding, I've been out of the office for a week and am trying to catch up on the board!

There are a few ways to get the status and put them into virtual devices, but the best way is a script. You can use hs.DeviceString([Thermostat DeviceCode]) to get the current status string, and then pase this to get each item. This can be a little tricky, so there is another method.

Using the ThermostatAPI prodcedures outlined in the HomeSeer Developer Kit (Available in the Updater), you can make script calls like
            Code:
            hs.Plugin("Aprilaire Thermostats").[Thermostat API Procedure]
            This calls directly into the plugin to read and set values. For example, to get the Temperature of a remote sensor, use the "GetTemp" procedure:

Code:
            Sub Main 

Dim rval
            rval = hs.Plugin("Aprilaire Thermostats").GetTemp(1,2)
            hs.SetDeviceValue("A1",rval)

End Sub
            This is assuming your virtual device has a device code "A1", your thermostat is at address 1, and the "2" means you have a sensor (GetTemp(1,1) would get the local temp)

Other procedures are documented in the SDK, so I strongly reccomend taking a look at that. Any other questions, please feel free to let me know.
            -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Working...
            X