HomeSeer as a UI layer. receive and send ASCII and JSON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer as a UI layer. receive and send ASCII and JSON

Hello everybody, I'm new here and am looking forward to working with HomeSeer

I've got a client who wants a plugin for HomeSeer. I know nothing about HomeSeer and he is aware of it.

I seek your help to keep me on the right path. The second problem is that I can not VB.NET but C# I am good at. It should not be a problem,
    I can probably figure it out. but if you have the choice to help me in C# I appreciate it.

The task is that I need to use the HomeSeer as a UI layer.
    I need it to receive and send two languages ASCII and JSON.
    It will receive commands that will then switch state of a device in the UI.
    If you switch state of a device in HomeSeer, it should then send ASCII or JSON back.

I am aware that HomeSeer can receive JSON so here are some of the problem solved, I hope.

I hope you can help me to get started.

Best regards,
    Johan
    Attached Files

HS won't be able to just send JSON data based on a value change. You would have to invoke it from the client side. A plugin implements a callback where every device change is picked up immediately by the plugin. You also get much more flexibility out of a plugin with your own actions, triggers and conditions. Also, you can encapsulate your web ui in the plugin itself.
    Just something to think about.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

rmasonjr Thanks for the answer.

Where would you say I have to start making a plugin in visual studio?
      And do you know of some good tutorials? I've tried to find some without much success, a bit of code here and there.

Comment

Working...
      X