Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I only have newer ones. I do have a spare 2843-222 sitting here though. Could I perform a 'Replace...' with a newer type of device. I think the current TriggerLinc only has open/close status whereas the newer ones offer battery and heartbeat, I think. Will the additional sub-devices be created when I perform a replace? Remember, I really want to maintain the same HS device ID if at all possible.

After I try a 'Replace...' with the newer Open/Close Sensor, could I then try to add the potentially faulty TriggerLinc as a new device, after factory reset, to see if it is still broken?
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
      No, I only have newer ones. I do have a spare 2843-222 sitting here though. Could I perform a 'Replace...' with a newer type of device. I think the current TriggerLinc only has open/close status whereas the newer ones offer battery and heartbeat, I think. Will the additional sub-devices be created when I perform a replace? Remember, I really want to maintain the same HS device ID if at all possible.

After I try a 'Replace...' with the newer Open/Close Sensor, could I then try to add the potentially faulty TriggerLinc as a new device, after factory reset, to see if it is still broken?
      backup your insteon.ini and homeseer.hsd file

yes, try the replace; it should not change the device id. not sure of the extra hs devices will automatically be created. but don't worry about that now.

you could then try to register the old one but i think it will behave the same.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Well I'll be... The replace procedure with the newer 2843-222 seemed to work. The HS device is updating now. I see the 2 sub-devices for this newer open/close sensor in the Insteon config page but not under the HS device. Is there a way to get these sub-devices added to HS w/o changing the device ID of the Open/Close status?

I haven't tried re-adding the potentially faulty TriggerLinc back to HS yet but I will eventually try that. I just find it odd that this all happened during my tinkering, and that this 'faulty' TriggerLinc can still turn on/off linked devices. Can that be explained if the device is not sending the signals it is supposed to?

Again, thank you so much Mark for your continued help. Do you have a place to accept donations? Yes, I've paid for your plugin, but your help often goes above and beyond!
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Mike,

good deal.

again save your insteon.ini and homeseer.hsd files.

shutdown the plugin

add the following to the [device x] section in your insteon.ini

recreatedevice=1
          restart the plugin

this should recreate the missing/new devices without affecting the existing one

btw, did you try a new battery in the malfunctioning triggerlinc?

not really sure how the triggerlinc is 'working' without broadcasting the typical message.

thanks for the offer - you can send a paypal donation to insteon at verizon dot net if you wish.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

This worked perfectly. Thank you. The Heartbeat sub-device was added. The new subdevice didn't inherit the Floor of the Open/Close status so I didn't see it at first and thought it didn't work. Once I viewed all devices I could see it.

Yes, a new battery is the first thing I tried.

I just now tried re-adding the old TriggerLinc back to HS. It works again! It is reporting to HS and HS is updating the device status. I wonder what went wrong with it earlier. Oh well, glad I can still use it.

Thanks again for your help. Did you receive my donation? I've accidentally sent money to the wrong person with Paypal before :-/

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
              This worked perfectly. Thank you. The Heartbeat sub-device was added. The new subdevice didn't inherit the Floor of the Open/Close status so I didn't see it at first and thought it didn't work. Once I viewed all devices I could see it.

Yes, a new battery is the first thing I tried.

I just now tried re-adding the old TriggerLinc back to HS. It works again! It is reporting to HS and HS is updating the device status. I wonder what went wrong with it earlier. Oh well, glad I can still use it.

Thanks again for your help. Did you receive my donation? I've accidentally sent money to the wrong person with Paypal before :-/
              yes, got the donation. thanks. glad everything is working.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X