Convert / replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert / replace?

I've been using Pete and Jon's VWS plug-in by for many years, but I'd like to convert to this one. Is there a way to use my existing devices or do I need to start over?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

My timing for this thread wasn't the best, so this is just to give it a bump.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I use the Hi-Tec Home VWS plugin and it works great. My VWS server reboots itself abut 10 times a day but that has nothing to do with the plugin.

Comment

My question is aimed more at the compatibility between the current version and the early free version that preceded it. My understanding is that they both have the same genesis, but it's not clear if the current version uses a data structure that will allow an "upgrade" from what I have or if I should delete my existing devices and start from scratch.

Comment

The plug-in should create devices automatically for you, but older versions prior to the current linage use different structure.
          -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
            The plug-in should create devices automatically for you, but older versions prior to the current linage use different structure.
            Thanks. That's pretty much what I expected. Not a big problem, but I clearly need to record where the existing devices are used in events and HSTouch etc. so I can update the links.

Comment

Working...
            X