This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Plug-in Requests

Jon had mentioned in another thread that Insteon users (or future users) make their requests for enhancements to the Insteon Plugin known and I thought this was a great idea. I'm curious to see what others are looking for in the plug-in and if they would be willing to pay for a plug-in with these enhancements.

After we get a good list of requests here, perhaps we could create a poll based on the results and get a better idea of what people would be looking for. I'm not sure if this is what Jon was pointing at but it seemed to me to be the best way for everyone to get a better grasp of what we each think is important in this plugin.

Jeff

I was lucky enough to get some insteon equipment for Christmas this year and just started playing with the equipment (including the new plugin). Here are the things that I would initially like to see the plugin support:

1) X10 preset dim commands. I replaced my X10 PIM with the new Insteon PIM and have lost the ability to control preset dims on my legacy X10 equipment. (I see this is already on the plan of enhancements)
    2) Communication from the Insteon switches to HS when their status changes. If a light is turned on/off from the switch itself (or one of the other linked companions or an insteon controller) it would be seen by HS and adjust its status in HS accordingly.

As I continue to impliment I'm sure I'll be adding to the list but these two items seem to be the biggest need for me at the moment. I was going to add device linking however the two items listed above have no work arounds that I am aware of whereas the linking can be done manually or even programatically outside of HS.

Pricing is always a slippery slope which tends to generate significant discussion. I was tempted to avoid this subject on this thread because of this however it is an important piece of information. I'd be willing to pay the "standard" $39.95 for an enhanced plugin. I do not think I'd pay any more then that. I dont' know about anyone else but I think the "discussion" about the appropriate price has been beaten to death in the UPB threads and I think everyones views were already made there.

Jeff

Comment

Here's my plug-in wish list:

1) Allow for the ability to create groups of devices using Insteon addressing, with the capability to define the ramp rate for each group. Hopefully, this would allow all lights within the group to turn on at the same time, rather than sequentially.
      2) Have the HS status of a light automatically update when a switch is turned on or off manually.
      3) Be able to activate or deactivate a specific button on a keypadlinc.

Not sure if any/all of these are even possible, based on other posts...but I did say 'wish'...didn't I?

(And yes, I'd be willing to pay for this plug-in if it did all these things).

-scott
      Last edited by ScottM; January 4, 2006, 04:47 PM.

Comment

A competing program (HCA) had a feature that allowed Switchlincs to be programmed with a "ramp-rate" which I think is an awesome feature. I have not seen this feature on HomeSeer (someone point me in the right direction if wrong).

Comment

There is a plugin that allows you to program ramp rates and on levels. It even allows you to create scenes. search the boards for Smarthome programming.
          Thanks,

T.

Comment

Does this use Insteon addressing or X-10 addressing? -scott

Originally posted by Tcassio
            There is a plugin that allows you to program ramp rates and on levels. It even allows you to create scenes. search the boards for Smarthome programming.

Comment

X10
              Thanks,

T.

Comment

Working...
              X