Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to implement modes (like "at home", "away", "sleeping" etc.)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best way to implement modes (like "at home", "away", "sleeping" etc.)?

I want to be able to conditionally trigger events based on what "mode" the house is in. I want to be able to do things such as: when in "at home" mode and a door/window sensor triggers it triggers a simple announcement like "front door opened", but when in "sleeping" mode it sounds the alarm.

I've implemented a little of this by creating some scripts that get and set global variables for the mode and then using that simple api in an event script. Unfortunately doing it this way seems to mean that I have to script every event that needs to check the mode. I don't see a way to set a condition on a variable in the trigger page. Before I go a turn all my events into scripts I wanted to ask if there's a better way to do this sort of thing.

I do it fairly simply by using virtual devices for Away, guests, night, etc. Then have my events just check weather that virtual is on or off, no scripting involved.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Ah, virtual devices. That's the lead I needed. Thank you. I knew there'd be an easier way.

Comment

also if you have an alarm... and plugin... that most likely has part of your virtual...

im going to utilize armed stay and arm away... for same reason....
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I have hard wired (but you can use any RF remote) buttons at the doors. Last person out hits the button to arm the alarm and to to let HS know nobody is home. A hidden button in the garage is for disarming the system.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
          X