Arduino MultiSketch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino MultiSketch

Like i said , i'm doing the tests for the school project. I have to find the best solutions before the end of June. I am already using Linux and I find it better than Windows.That's why I asked for the Plugin for Linux , because want to try Linux HS3.
    Since I couldn't instal Arduino Plugin on Linux, I'm tring it on Windows.
    Something happened today that made me think about it. The PC crashed and nothing was working anymore. And that for a private house is not a problem. But for an office or a school it's different.
    That's what I thought : putting Arduino as watchdog for making PING to PC every 10-15 sec. If the PC doesn't respond , makes another ping to router (o to Google) and find out where is the problem (router or PC). If it's a PC problem, Arduino reset the PC.
    Than I want to make 2 sketch for every single arduino of the system. So, if the PC not responds to PING, Arduino Watchdog sents a signal to every arduino to an pin ("Control pin").

If the signal isn't (il PC work and respond to the PING) - the arduinos work normally ( Arduinos connects to HS3 ) with sketch 1.
    If the signal is from Arduino Watchdog (what means the PC don't work and don't respond to PING) - the Arduinos executes sketch 2 (who makes Arduino a stand alone unit). Obviously, in this case, it will not be possible to control from remote or to control from Touch (or smartphone) and the media Plugin wont be working.
    But that would be an "emergency situation" and there is the opportunity to turn on the lights.

What is your opinions about this?

Esempio sketch:

#define Control 13

void setup ( ) {
    pinMode (Control,INPUT_PULLUP);
    }

void loop ( ) {
    controlState = digitalRead(Control);

if (buttonState == LOW) {

void (stand-alone)
    }

else {

void (HS3)
    }

Originally posted by mihaium View Post
    Like i said , i'm doing the tests for the school project. I have to find the best solutions before the end of June. I am already using Linux and I find it better than Windows.That's why I asked for the Plugin for Linux , because want to try Linux HS3.
    Since I couldn't instal Arduino Plugin on Linux, I'm tring it on Windows.
    Something happened today that made me think about it. The PC crashed and nothing was working anymore. And that for a private house is not a problem. But for an office or a school it's different.
    That's what I thought : putting Arduino as watchdog for making PING to PC every 10-15 sec. If the PC doesn't respond , makes another ping to router (o to Google) and find out where is the problem (router or PC). If it's a PC problem, Arduino reset the PC.
    Than I want to make 2 sketch for every single arduino of the system. So, if the PC not responds to PING, Arduino Watchdog sents a signal to every arduino to an pin ("Control pin").

If the signal isn't (il PC work and respond to the PING) - the arduinos work normally ( Arduinos connects to HS3 ) with sketch 1.
    If the signal is from Arduino Watchdog (what means the PC don't work and don't respond to PING) - the Arduinos executes sketch 2 (who makes Arduino a stand alone unit). Obviously, in this case, it will not be possible to control from remote or to control from Touch (or smartphone) and the media Plugin wont be working.
    But that would be an "emergency situation" and there is the opportunity to turn on the lights.

What is your opinions about this?

Esempio sketch:

#define Control 13

void setup ( ) {
    pinMode (Control,INPUT_PULLUP);
    }

void loop ( ) {
    controlState = digitalRead(Control);

if (buttonState == LOW) {

void (stand-alone)
    }

else {

void (HS3)
    }
    If you look at the Alive pin in the new version you have then it will tell you if the connection to the PC is up or not. This is designed form triggering backups that will run without the board so this may work for you.

ps I have contacted the HST about the error you are having but have had no reply yet.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Working...
    X