Google Home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home...

I love my Alexa and it's great for controlling the lights but other than that, it's basically used as a kitchen timer. No more, no less.

So I just cancelled my preorder of 4 Amazon Dot's. Instead pre ordered a couple of the new Google Home devices! Even without Homeseer integration (at least right away), this device will do sooo much more around the house then Alexa. Finally I'll be able to control my Chromecasts and play my music catalog with Google Play via voice!

My wife and I use most of google's services (google now, gmail, keep, maps, calendar, etc...) on our android phones and tablets, being able to access this information and act on it is very exciting. A true assistant!

Hopefully when the API opens up in December, Homeseer jumps on it and allows us to control our systems too.

Check it out...https://madeby.google.com/home/
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

It's missing an ethernet port. No wired connection = no want.

Comment

Watched Goolge's video last night with the wife.

https://youtu.be/zLHbdRsBCLg

By the end of the video she was asking how many I wanted to get for the house.

It does have IFTTT integration, while I haven't used IFTTT with HS, perhaps there could be a workaround there until a plugin is created?

Comment

IFTTT integration is awesome, but to take control over my house it needs more devices than I care to set up via IFTTT...
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
        X