Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-wave Device "Deleted" From Interface By HS3???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Randy said is correct. The device reset is done in the device, so the sensor reset itself then notified all attached devices, in this case the Z-NET controller attached to HS. This reset is handled by the firmware in the Z-NET which is code that is not public, Sigma only gives us a binary of that code. So there is no way we could stop this from happening. You might contact Aeon and see if there is any other way the device would remove itself from the network. I am not aware of any. The feature is for manually removing a node when the controller does not offer, or cannot offer a remove feature.

Note that I think with that sensor if you hold the button down a long time, it is removed. Maybe someone pressed the button and held it too long?

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
    rjh,
    The message that caused the removal was a "reset" signal from the device:

Device Reset Locally Notification received for device Node 21 Z-Wave NewMotion1 Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor - DEVICE IS BEING REMOVED FROM THE SYSTEM.

But it was not from holding ( I think greater than 20 seconds) the "activate" button that normally would cause this. It must have been from the batteries dropping too low--even though there was no low battery signal sent.

So what I am suggesting is that apparently confused electronic in the Aeon Labs Multisensor6 can send an erroneous "reset" to the Z-net, which then removes the device.

Is there a significant value in having the Z-net(or the Z-wave PI) automatically remove the device from the network? Why not just block that capability?

BobSpen
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not necessarily relevant and I've not experienced it with Z-Wave, but over the years I've seen all manner of weird things happen with transmitting RF devices when their batteries get low.

The most recent low battery induced anomaly to occur here (which was about 6 months ago) was an Oregon bathroom scale that started constantly transmitting random data. I knew something was wrong because all my other 433 MHz devices stopped updating in HS3.

Quite apart from blocking all RF communication with my other 433 MHz devices it also prevented several of my neighbours from being able to lock / unlock their cars and a local shop couldn't close it's RF controlled shutters

The neighbourhood mayhem continued for over 5 hours until I returned home and eventually tracked down the culprit.

Paul..

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Something is very wrong with either the new z-wave plug-in and or the firmware for the Z-Net.

I had to replace all of my HS Dimmer Switches, and I used the Replace node command and now I have missing nodes, new node out no where that don't lead to anything, re-added nodes that already existed (duplicates).

The z-wave remove command arbitrary removes nodes that I didn't even issue the command for.

When trying to add a new node, I have other nodes, such as my Aeon watt meter stops working..

It's now one huge mess. Now every time I try to recover and either remove a node or add a node the entire system gets screwed up.

Back off to trying to fix my entire z-wave network.....
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
        X