RF Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RF Control

I have a Hampton Bay light/fan switch in my bedroom that I'd like to control through HS3. There is also a remote control for the light/fan. I assumed the remote was emitting an IR signal for the light/fan and was going to use a Global Cache IP to IR module, but it turns out to be that the remote is an RF emitter. Is there a way for HS3 to control devices that are RF? is there a device that can learn RF codes.

I'm kinda stuck because I can't have the light and fan on separate switches because I only have 2 wires ran for both in a signal gang box instead of 3. Anyone ever came across this

Thanks

This problem has come up before. Unfortunately, a good solution has not.
    Here's one example: https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162023

The most straightforward solution is to hack the remote that comes with the system, but that requires some knowledge and experience, time and patience, and luck.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
    X