Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not available for UK Amazon accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jon,

Thankyou a million times over !!!

All linked !!

I tried the two things you highlighted as major differences:

Changed the Skill name from "HomeSeer" to "Homeseer"

Also:

Added the privacy policy as:

http://www.homeseer.com/privacy-policy.html

I suspect that it is the latter that has fixed the problem.

It wasn't required in the setup instructions, but I think must now be required by Amazon.

Once again, thankyou for being a real gentleman and helping me when I was floundering. It is so highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jay

Comment

Good stuff...now you can try my Alexa helper
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Good stuff...now you can try my Alexa helper
        I will !!

Thanks Jon

Comment

Looks like Homeseer app is finally available in U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Steve

Comment

Got it here too. Has discovered everything okay, not tried it out yet. Thanks to all involved in what was clearly a difficult process.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OliP View Post
              Got it here too. Has discovered everything okay, not tried it out yet. Thanks to all involved in what was clearly a difficult process.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
              Doesn't seem to find my LightwaveRF lights via RFXCOM.
              Found a zwave TRV
              Might work if I put them all behind a virtual device?

Still, a step in the right direction. Nice work guys!

Comment

They said they were enabling it for the UK today, but I have not heard a confirmation yet. But if you are seeing it, excellent! Let us know how its working!

Note that the Smart Home skill only works with lighting devices and thermostats, and the devices in HomeSeer have to be set up properly. The developer forum has information on how the devices need to be configured.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich,

I have installed the skill and it finds all my devices I have set up but when I ask to control them I always get the reply "Sorry the device x is not responding please check its network connection and power supply" and the device is not controlled. Any Advice?

Greig.
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Another observation is if I ask Alexa to "find devices" she can not find any smart home devices but if I go to the web config and use the discover devices button then they are all found.

Greig.
                    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      They said they were enabling it for the UK today, but I have not heard a confirmation yet. But if you are seeing it, excellent! Let us know how its working!

Note that the Smart Home skill only works with lighting devices and thermostats, and the devices in HomeSeer have to be set up properly. The developer forum has information on how the devices need to be configured.
                      Yeah, works for me!
                      Nicolai L

Comment

Please post new results to this thread:
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=187175
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                        X