LCD Display Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD Display Address

Cannot thank you enough for this amazing plugin! The possibilities the arduino interface gives us are overwhelming.

Have been playing with LCD display the last couple of days. Really struggled to get it working, until I changed the address to 0x3f. The seller on ebay clearly states that address is 0x27 and cannot be changed. As soon as I manually chaged to 0x3f it worked like a charm.

So the question. You code generator set address to 0x27. In the experimenting phase of my project I need to change this everytime a generate a new code. Any chance this could be an option? Or might be a good idea to make a little note in the help file about this (would have saved me 10 hours of fumbling..)

If anyone interested in a working display, this is it (remember to change address manually to 0x3f) http://www.ebay.com/itm/310575296583...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks again!

/mk
    Attached Files

Originally posted by mkarlstad View Post
    Cannot thank you enough for this amazing plugin! The possibilities the arduino interface gives us are overwhelming.

Have been playing with LCD display the last couple of days. Really struggled to get it working, until I changed the address to 0x3f. The seller on ebay clearly states that address is 0x27 and cannot be changed. As soon as I manually chaged to 0x3f it worked like a charm.

So the question. You code generator set address to 0x27. In the experimenting phase of my project I need to change this everytime a generate a new code. Any chance this could be an option? Or at least a little note in the help file about this (would have saved me 10 hours of fumbling..)

If anyone interested in a working display, this is it (remember to change address manually to 0x3f) http://www.ebay.com/itm/310575296583...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks again!

/mk
    Hi,

I am glad you like the plugin.

This is why in the manual it says "Note:Only 4x20 LCD Version 1 - Marked "YwRobot Arduino LCM1602 IIC V1" are supported." as this is the address of the board but you have me thinking that I guess I could add an option to set the address in the plugin. You only have to update the Sketch once and then sometimes on a update of the plugin so it should not be to hard to change one line of code once every now and then.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

LCD Address can now be set in the plugin config page in V.136 available in the beta section of the updater. This version also has NodeMCU support and a max of 30 boards.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Working...
      X