Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartenit IOT4R support?

update 3/7/2017: Smartenit IOT4R is supported as equivalent to EZIO40

I'm a couple of years behind the times -- at least! I run HS2, have an ISY99, and a device that just died was a Smartenit EZIO40. I want to replace that device, but have found that it was discontinued. The replacement model goes by IOT4R. Does the ISY Plug-in have support for this new device yet? And, in particular, support that would accommodate my outdated system?

A somewhat related issue is that I bought a EZIO8SA from Smarthome thinking this would serve as a replacement for the EZIO40 (not being aware of the existence of the IOT4R). After struggling to link it to my ISY99, I contacted Smartenit and was told it must have a dedicated PLM. I've thought I was going to return it, but if you tell me there's no way to link one of those new IOT4Rs, I might get another PLM and try to proceed with the EZIO8SA.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by millrl; March 7, 2017, 07:21 PM. Reason: Problem solved

I don't know. The plug-in uses the Insteon product/category identifiers of the device so if the new IoT4R is still using the same values, it will work, if it's using different values, then it will get some generic IO type support by the plug-in, but it won't be correct.

I've sent a query to SmartEnit on this so well see what they say.

If the values are different, updating the plugin should be simple, assuming I can still build the HS2 version. I haven't tried that in quite a while.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Bob,
      Thanks for your reply. I do hope you'll provide me with some follow up when you've heard from Smartenit.
      Regards,
      Bob Miller

Comment

So far, I've not received a response to my query. I just wanted to let you know that I've not forgotten about this.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I did go ahead and order the IoT4R in the hopes that it would be a "drop in" replacement for the EZIO40. Alas, that doesn't appear to be the case The device was recognized and added; but only the fourth relay appears to be responsive (though I didn't have anything connected to R1, so I'm not sure about that one). Please stay on this for me if you could.

Thanks,
          Bob Miller

Comment

Is it working fine from the ISY and just the plug-in that's not working right? If so. I'll need a couple of pieces of information about it and I can add it to the plug-in. If you can get me the type information for the device ...

From a browser goto http://<your ISY IP address>/rest/nodes

Find the IoT4R in the list and post what's in the <type></type> field. It should be a series of 4 numbers separated by '.''s I think the EZIO4 type was "7.8.x.x"

If it's not working correctly from the ISY console, you'll need to contact UDI to get them to support it.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Unfortunately I was only working at the ISY console stage. I'll go ahead and contact UDI -- not sure if they'll support anything concerning the old ISY99. But we shall see. Thank you as usual for bringing some clarity to my dilemma. Chances are I'll be back at some point with more questions

Comment

If you can get me the type value anyway, I can add it to the plug-in. I don't know if having the plug-in recognize it correctly will help if the ISY isn't, but it certainly won't hurt.

I use to have access to the device type list directly from SmartHome, but it looks like they've changed the website and I'm not sure I can get access anymore.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Much to my embarrassment, the IOT4R does appear to be a drop in equivalent to the EZIO40. My particular application required some additional configuration using the Smartenit Utility Suite to enable a "momentary on" triggering of the relays -- which is the reason the relays didn't work for me originally.

The Plug-In also worked flawlessly. The same devices in HS2 were automatically populated with the new addresses. I did have to re-enter the devices in the several events that used them, but imagine that's unavoidable.

I'm not sure what you meant by type value in your recent message, or if that is still relevant.

I apologize for the trouble, and thank you once again for your help.

Bob Miller

Comment

I'm glad it working. Yes, when replacing a device, the associated events do need to be updated.

Originally posted by millrl View Post
                    I'm not sure what you meant by type value in your recent message, or if that is still relevant.
                    Since it's working that means the type is the same for the IOT4R so no changes to the plug-in are needed.

For Insteon devices, they have a "type" value that represents the product category and product subcategory that device belongs to. The plug-in uses those to determine what types of controls and triggers can be used with the device. Using a browser to access the ISY as I posted somewhere above, you can see each devices type value. In the plug-in you'll see them as "ISY Dimmer" or "ISY Sensor".
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                    X