This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    How do you get your devices and events from the old HS2 install into HSPro? manually?
    If you install the delivered full installer version ( 2.3.19) HS Pro over your current install and then update HomeSeer pro to either one of the latest betas or the latest delivered version (2.3.84) you should have your events and devices in tact.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
      WOW! its looking better.
      ok,I see it did load all of my old plugins. But I have none of my devices and events.
      1. I have deleted HS2
      2. I have installed HS Pro
      3. I made sure I have the latest version of pro now loaded.

I just need my devices and events. What next?
      and thanks all for help.
      When you say you have deleted HS2 do you mean you used the add/remove control panel applet to uninstall HS2 or you deleted the entire HomeSeer 2 directory structure. You need to leave the left over directory structure if you want to use your old events and devices.

Comment

I was told to delete HS2 and install pro in that directory.
        That is what I did. I did back up my old version of hs2, incase I needed it.
        yes, I used the control panel to remove it and there was stuff left over in the folder of HS2 and I left it right there. Then installed pro over top of it,in that directory.

danielbo

Comment

And I just registered my upgraded HS Pro...

Personally if I were starting over I'd install my Pro in the same directory name as your old one. If not you may have issues with your WAV files and some of your scripts may not work if you use lazy scripting like me and reference a wrong directory.

~Bill

Comment

I was told to delete HS2 and install pro in that directory.
            That is what I did. I did back up my old version of hs2, incase I needed it.
            yes, I used the control panel to remove it and there was stuff left over in the folder of HS2 and I left it right there. Then installed pro over top of it,in that directory.

Who or what thread told you to delete the HomeSeer 2 folder and I will correct that post as it's incorrect unless you want to start from scratch.

Comment

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didnt delete the folder. I used the control panel to do the remove. I put pro in the hs2 directory. There was stuff left after the removel and I left it there. But now I do not have any devices or events. Everything else looks fine.
              Any ideas on what to do now?
              danielbo

Comment

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didnt delete the folder. I used the control panel to do the remove. I put pro in the hs2 directory. There was stuff left after the removel and I left it there. But now I do not have any devices or events. Everything else looks fine.
                Any ideas on what to do now?
                Try copying your config database back from your backup. It will be in the old HomeSeer 2/config folder and if you are like most users you never changed the name so it will be named sample.mdb. Otherwise browse to where you stored it if you moved it from it's default location.

Comment

HSPro upgrade -NIS2009 reports as heuristic virus ?

I just purchased my HSPro upgrade and tried to download the ftp file at the start of this thread. Norton NIS 2009 stepped in and complained it saw a heuristic virus "Suspicious.MH690.A" and won't let me save the file. I'm assuming I just need to turn Norton off for this but thought I'd mention it.

More details on this
                  http://securityresponse.symantec.com...020600-4945-99
                  HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
                  Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
                  Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
                  Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
                  http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
                    I just purchased my HSPro upgrade and tried to download the ftp file at the start of this thread. Norton NIS 2009 stepped in and complained it saw a heuristic virus "Suspicious.MH690.A" and won't let me save the file. I'm assuming I just need to turn Norton off for this but thought I'd mention it.

More details on this
                    http://securityresponse.symantec.com...020600-4945-99
                    This is a false report as I got the same complaint at work from the Norton bloatware. I scanned it with Trend Micro and it passed just fine.

Comment

Thanks Rupp. I turned off NIS2009, downloaded, then turned it back on and had it scan HomeSeerUpdateHSPRO2_3_0_86.exe manually and it found nothing.

For all I know this is a glitch with Norton and some microsoft update.

Now on to my fun upgrade! Thanks HS for making this HSPro promotion pricing!
                      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
                      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
                      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
                      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
                      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

nope, that made a mess: I am getting:
                        9/15/2009 7:00:23 PM - Error - You cannot use a newer version of the HomeSeer database with this version of this software.
                        9/15/2009 7:00:23 PM - Error - Your HomeSeer database is newer than what this version of HomeSeer expected.
                        9/15/2009 7:00:23 PM - Error - Your HomeSeer database is version 40 and this version of this program expected 37

again and it locks up.
                        danielbo

Comment

I give up!
                          danielbo

Comment

nope, that made a mess: I am getting:
                            9/15/2009 7:00:23 PM - Error - You cannot use a newer version of the HomeSeer database with this version of this software.
                            9/15/2009 7:00:23 PM - Error - Your HomeSeer database is newer than what this version of HomeSeer expected.
                            9/15/2009 7:00:23 PM - Error - Your HomeSeer database is version 40 and this version of this program expected 37

again and it locks up.
                            What version of HomeSeer were you running?
                            What version of HomeSeer Pro did you load?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              What version of HomeSeer were you running?
                              What version of HomeSeer Pro did you load?
                              I'll bet anything he used the HS Pro upgrade from the updater.

I let Rich know that people shouldn't use it if their current install is later than 2.3.0.19.

==========================================
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by rjh

However, I posted an updater that makes the update very easy, so no real reason to wait.
                              ==========================================

Hold on, sir.

If they are currently running an HS2 version later than the "2.3.0.19 upgrade update" wouldn't it cause issues going back to an earlier MDB format?

~Bill

Comment

I give up!
                                DB,
                                Shutdown HS2.

Go get the latest HS Pro update: ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...O2_3_0_126.exe

Then start here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=59

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X