This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
    Hi Bob - We've discussed something similar to this regarding Devices, but I've run into an issue related to Variables. In HSTouch, I display a specific graphic based on what the variable's value is. Say the variable
    = 1: show the Enabled graphic
    = 0: show the Disabled graphic

The issue is that HSTouch no longer will not display a graphic unless HS3 has a value/status pair defined for it. The ISY Insteon plugin deletes all value/status & value/graphic pairs for variables on startup, leaving only a value of 0. So unless a variable = 0, HSTouch cannot display a graphic for it. (Note: HSTouch images are based on one of 2 options. You can either display the default Value/Graphic pair from HS3, or select a unique graphic file based on the variable's Value. Neither of which can be done, now.) Similarly, the HS3 Device List cannot display a graphic for variables, or ranges of variables.
    I have spent a lot of time trying to get status/value pairs to be smarter so that they don't just reset everything. They now check to make sure specific pairs exist and that those pairs are properly configured. Thus you should be able to change the text of existing value/status pairs and it will stick. What you can't do (at least now) is create new value/status pairs.

Now, the value/graphic pairs are a bit different. I haven't really started trying to do much with them. Except in in certain cases, like variables. I'll look into this some more but the problem I was having with variables and value/graphics pairs is the default graphics. The default graphics are the light bulbs. If the default values aren't cleared, you end up with an off light bulb graphic when the variable value is 0 and a lit up bulb graphic when the value is not 0.

I can see where defining your own status/value and graphics/value pairs would be very useful for variables. For the status value pairs, it should be fairly easy to simply skip deleting any that are there. But for graphics, I don't know. Maybe I can look through all of them and try to figure out if the default ones are specified and only delete those.

I could just not mess with them at all, but I'm really concerned this will lead to all kinds of support issues when people accidentally change ones that shouldn't be changed. If only HS distinguished between plug-in created and user created pairs.

However, it would also be nice if ISY Insteon let you use Value/Graphic pairs so you could have a graphic based on a range of values. Say you have an ISY variable as a counter. HS3 could set a range of graphics for
    Variable = 1-20: Display Graphic 1
    Variable = 21-50: Display Graphic 2 (etc.). HSTouch does not have an option to display graphics based on a range of values, only for 1 specific value.
    I'll experiment with the value/graphic pairs a bit and see if I can clear only the defaults. If that's possible, then you should be able to define a graphics for a range in HS3. How HSTouch handles that, is not something I can control
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Bob, Bob, Bob... you're gonna smack me. Turns out the HSTouch client I'm working with has gone corrupt. I just happened to check another touchscreen and it IS displaying the graphics for Variable values other than 0. After uninstalling HSTouch & deleting the projects, everything is working okay after reinstall.

But yes, allowing value ranges for Status & Graphics in HS3 would be a nice feature, especially for ISY counters generated from variables (Like showing when a timer has expired). Thanks, and sorry for creating confusion!

Comment

Error Initializing plug-in(1): ISYInsteon Instance:: ** Expired **

Bob - I noticed this morning Insteon wasn't working with HS3. I saw a message on the Plug-ins/Manage screen that just said, "**FATAL**:". I restarted HS3 and found the plugin is expired, although it says it should be included. I also tried to disable and re-enable the plugin, but I got the same errors.

Mar-20 8:20:01 AM Error Initializing plug-in(1): ISYInsteon Instance:: ** Expired **

ISYInsteon N/A 3.0.0.4 N/A Included **FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from ISYInsteon - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

3/20/2014 8:18:33 AM
        ISYInsteon Version 1.0
        ISY: ISY 994i 1024 IR
        ISY Firmware: 4.1.2
        ISY Time: 3/20/2014 8:18:43 AM
        ISY Insteon Initialization in progress...

Comment

Bob - I noticed this morning Insteon wasn't working with HS3. I saw a message on the Plug-ins/Manage screen that just said, "**FATAL**:". I restarted HS3 and found the plugin is expired, although it says it should be included. I also tried to disable and re-enable the plugin, but I got the same errors.
          Sorry about that. I've been busy and forgot about the expiration today. I've uploaded a new version - 3.0.0.5 that doesn't expire until June 20th.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob - Installed HSPI_ISYInsteon_3_0_0_5.zip (the only file in the "HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Zips" folder) . It said the available & installed versions were both 3.0.0.4, when I ran the updater for the "Test Plugin". I installed it, it reported "Done processing update information.", and it still shows 3.0.0.4, and expired. I also tried renaming it to ISYInsteon_3_0_0_5.zip, with the same results. Thanks!

3/20/2014 5:43:56 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): ISYInsteon Instance:: ** Expired **
            Attached Files

Comment

Bob - Installed HSPI_ISYInsteon_3_0_0_5.zip (the only file in the "HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Zips" folder) . It said the available & installed versions were both 3.0.0.4, when I ran the updater for the "Test Plugin". I installed it, it reported "Done processing update information.", and it still shows 3.0.0.4, and expired. I also tried renaming it to ISYInsteon_3_0_0_5.zip, with the same results. Thanks!

3/20/2014 5:43:56 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): ISYInsteon Instance:: ** Expired **
              I'm really beginning to dislike the updater_override.txt file. I don't think I've managed to upload a correct one on the first try yet.

I just uploaded a new version and this one seem to be working correctly for me.

If you still have problems, try the alternate installation instructions listed in the first post.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

ApplianceLincs show ON=255 but Status/Value=100

Thank you Bob, I've installed it successfully. BTW, has something changed with ApplianceLincs (both legacy & dual band)? I had issues where I noticed some of my images on my touch screen were undefined images. I found the Advanced tab showed status/value =100 for ON, but the Status Graphics tab showed 255=On (so HomeSeer Touch thought it was never on, and even the Device Management screen was showing a blank 'status' field for some devices (if they were "ON").

As a temporary fix, I changed the 255=ON to 100=ON for all my ApplianceLincs, but I suspect that'll be overwritten with the next update? Thanks...
                Attached Files

Comment

Restart of HS3 changes ApplianceLinc value

Well, I just restarted HS3, and all the ApplianceLincs reset to 255=ON. I ran a test; edited one ApplianceLinc back to 100=ON, restarted HS3 again, and it defaulted back to 255=ON.

Comment

Any progress with this plugin? Any idea when I can start using events to control devices and values?

Comment

Originally posted by JB NY View Post
                      Any progress with this plugin? Any idea when I can start using events to control devices and values?
                      Progress has been slow lately.

The event infrastructure in HS3 is very different from what was in HS2 so it's a pretty large task to get it working. But it's really the only large piece of HS2 functionality that's missing so it will get some attention soon.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Yeah, its the one piece I am really missing, I used the setting of variables to bridge the gap between ISY and homeseer. The rest has been working really well though.

Comment

Realizing it will take time for the next major release, would it be possible to release a 'bug fix' version just to fix the issue with AppliancLincs going to a value of 255 for on?

My main interface is HSTouch, and I can't control the devices because my images for them vanish from the screen since 255 is an invalid value for ON. HSTouch also will not toggle the devices (even though HomeSeer's Device Management screen WILL let you toggle).

Thanks!

Comment

ISY devices not updating

The only devices that I see in Homeseer from the plug-in is the Weatherbug data. I don't see an option to sync the data from the ISY device to Homeseer. I have deleted all the ISY related files and reinstalled the plug-in several times. I have the latest version of HS3 and the plug-in installed. Any suggestions to how I can resolve this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterMog View Post
                              The only devices that I see in Homeseer from the plug-in is the Weatherbug data. I don't see an option to sync the data from the ISY device to Homeseer. I have deleted all the ISY related files and reinstalled the plug-in several times. I have the latest version of HS3 and the plug-in installed. Any suggestions to how I can resolve this issue?
                              The plug-in is supposed to automatically add the devices from the ISY, there isn't any manual steps that you need to take to make that happen.

My first question is Are you sure you're waiting long enough for the plug-in to create the devices? HS3 seems to be very slow about creating devices compared to HS2. If you look at the plug-in status under the "Plugin->Mange" menu on HomeSeer, what does it say? If it says it's Initializing, then it is busy trying to create the devices, if it says OK, then it's done creating devices. Mine just took over 5 minutes to create the devices after deleting them all and restarting the plug-in

It's also possible that I broke things with the recent changes. I haven't tried installing from scratch so let me know it really is failing to add the devices after it finishes initializing and I'll try installing from scratch.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                                The plug-in is supposed to automatically add the devices from the ISY, there isn't any manual steps that you need to take to make that happen.

My first question is Are you sure you're waiting long enough for the plug-in to create the devices? HS3 seems to be very slow about creating devices compared to HS2. If you look at the plug-in status under the "Plugin->Mange" menu on HomeSeer, what does it say? If it says it's Initializing, then it is busy trying to create the devices, if it says OK, then it's done creating devices. Mine just took over 5 minutes to create the devices after deleting them all and restarting the plug-in

It's also possible that I broke things with the recent changes. I haven't tried installing from scratch so let me know it really is failing to add the devices after it finishes initializing and I'll try installing from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X