Amazon Fire Tablet $35 Touch Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Fire Tablet $35 Touch Screen

I am going to try the new Amazon Fire tablet when it goes on sale for $35 ($49 regular price) as a bed side touch screen. I have read online how to install the Google Play Store which should give me the ability to have the HSTouch application that I can customize.

The price includes ads on the lock screen window which you can remove for a one time $15 cost but I plan to keep the screen on all the time and just use something dim for the home screen that I can tap which will load the main menu screen.

The sale price should be coming up this week, I have set a price alert to be notified.

Great Deal!
    Post a link when it comes up.
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
      Great Deal!

Post a link when it comes up.

Yes please

Sent from my iPhone
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Great deal. Hope yours works.

I bought one at the regular price ($49) thinking for the price could put these all over the place.

You do not need to install the Google Playstore as HS Touch is available from the Amazon Marketplace.

Unfortunately, I had stability issues with the tablet running HS Touch. Works great for a day or two, then the tablet becomes unstable, often dropping wifi although will say still connected. Only fix for me was a restart of the tablet.

Look forward to your results, perhaps I just have some flaky hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by sdesbles View Post
          Unfortunately, I had stability issues with the tablet running HS Touch. Works great for a day or two, then the tablet becomes unstable, often dropping wifi although will say still connected. Only fix for me was a restart of the tablet.
          I checked the comments section reviewing quite a few pages and I did not see complaints related to wifi disconnecting. The warranty is only 90 days unless you purchase extended so I am sending mine back right away if it has any suspected hardware issues like what you describe with the wifi. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

OK, I was assuming this deal would be at Amazon but it will be at Best Buy starting tomorrow (could be at Amazon later as well, although I don't know that for sure).
            Last edited by Planetview; November 27, 2015, 03:46 PM. Reason: Remove graphic

Comment

These are live on Amazon for 34.99. Just ordered one prime and will be here Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

ALERT! ALERT! GAME ON. Visit the Amazon site now for the $35 price!

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
                I am going to try the new Amazon Fire tablet when it goes on sale for $35 ($49 regular price) as a bed side touch screen. I have read online how to install the Google Play Store which should give me the ability to have the HSTouch application that I can customize.

The price includes ads on the lock screen window which you can remove for a one time $15 cost but I plan to keep the screen on all the time and just use something dim for the home screen that I can tap which will load the main menu screen.

The sale price should be coming up this week, I have set a price alert to be notified.

Comment

I read several reviews that the charging and overall reliability were terrible. I need more tablets like another hole in my head, but for the price I could try to put Cyanogenmod on it and give to the youngest to try. Still...one gets what they pay for.

On the fence...

Comment

couldn't resist...ordered two from Amazon
                    Bryan
                    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Just bought one and the 2 day delivery date is pushed out to Dec 10th with prime.

Please share what anyone does with this product and HSTouch.

Charlie.
                      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                        Still...one gets what they pay for.
                        Absolutely! It is a cheap tablet so I am expecting low end performance. Hoping it is good enough for some touch screens though. Some users have reported that there are a few dead pixels and I can live with stuff like that for the price but just want the basic functionality to work.

One person commented that the tablet was so cheap looking, he would be embarrassed to carry it in public... one gets what they pay for.

Comment

I ordered another one at the sale rate

Date is now Dec 12th.

BTW, I use HSMetro on the kindle fire instead of HS touch - much more stable and once setup, very nice display.

Comment

I decided to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthGa View Post
                              Date is now Dec 12th.

BTW, I use HSMetro on the kindle fire instead of HS touch - much more stable and once setup, very nice display.
                              Mine is coming Monday after the initial ship date was the 10th. YEA! Great tip on HSMetro, I will give it a try if HSTouch does not work out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X