HS-WD100+ Set ON Last Level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way that I could send a command to set the last level?

Reason being is in the middle of the night when needing light to use the washroom and half asleep, only want to tap the switch once.

If the last level can be set after going to bed, then the next time the switch is used, it will come on to lets say 25% dim level as opposed to last time it was used at 100%.

Thanks,

Jim

This sounds like a vary use full enhancement to this product.

Comment

Tapping the top paddle once should take it to the last on level
      cheeryfool

Comment

The OP wants to preset the last level through automation. The only way to do that is to turn it on to that level then turn it off a couple of seconds later. That would result in the light flashing on and off as it transitions through time periods.

I use dimmer defaults with events to control mine. If the device is controlled through automation (motion sensor, etc.) I set them to the default level. If they are controlled manually at the light it triggers an event to set them to the appropriate level. When there is no delay in my Z-Wave network, it is almost seamless. When there is a delay, the lights may come on at a higher level for a second or two, until the event triggers and the command to set the new level is received by the switch.

This system is received well by other members of the household, so it may work for some of you. I have template events and virtual devices setup for this whenever we want to add it to a new dimmer. I use 7 virtual devices and a handful of events for each dimmer.

I posted about it here. It has evolved significantly since this post by using virtual devices and Spud's Easy Trigger so that I have adjustable default levels for all of the time periods. That is why I use 7 virtual devices. If there is any interest, I can post my current events, devices and instructions in the Event Clinic Forum.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I posted about it here. It has evolved significantly since this post by using virtual devices and Spud's Easy Trigger so that I have adjustable default levels for all of the time periods. That is why I use 7 virtual devices. If there is any interest, I can post my current events, devices and instructions in the Event Clinic Forum.
          I would definitely be interested. I'm currently struggling between and Insteon and Z-Wave and have been following your posts relating to your dimmer defaults for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            The OP wants to preset the last level through automation. The only way to do that is to turn it on to that level then turn it off a couple of seconds later. That would result in the light flashing on and off as it transitions through time periods.

I use dimmer defaults with events to control mine. If the device is controlled through automation (motion sensor, etc.) I set them to the default level. If they are controlled manually at the light it triggers an event to set them to the appropriate level. When there is no delay in my Z-Wave network, it is almost seamless. When there is a delay, the lights may come on at a higher level for a second or two, until the event triggers and the command to set the new level is received by the switch.

This system is received well by other members of the household, so it may work for some of you. I have template events and virtual devices setup for this whenever we want to add it to a new dimmer. I use 7 virtual devices and a handful of events for each dimmer.

Unless an update is made to firmware for these dimmers in order to set a default dim level, yes, very interested to see if this would work for me.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by epimetheus View Post
              I would definitely be interested. I'm currently struggling between and Insteon and Z-Wave and have been following your posts relating to your dimmer defaults for some time.
              I'll get something put together tomorrow morning and add it to the thread I linked to above.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I personally have events set to put the light at a certain level during the day. If the house is in sleep mode and button 1 was tapped, set to 10 percent.

If house is in day and button one tapped set to 100 percent.

I think that's what you're after.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                  I personally have events set to put the light at a certain level during the day. If the house is in sleep mode and button 1 was tapped, set to 10 percent.

If house is in day and button one tapped set to 100 percent.

I think that's what you're after.
                  I was able to use your method to have a default dim level in the middle of the night. The rest of the switches just have one default dim level.

In the future I might get more complicated with Randy's method.

I found one switch that is not updating status, so default dim level will not work.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Just stumbled across this post. I do this by setting parameter 19 for a zwave dimmer using a timed event.
                    Keep in mind, 100% is not working for fibaro dimmers, they are at max 99%.
                    At nighttime I set param 19 to 20% (override default start level)
                    In the morning I set if first to 75 or 99% and after that to 0, that allows me to set another starting level using the switch, because 0 means not overriden.

Just to be clear, setting the override start level does not switch the light on or off or changes the current level. It only changes the next level when the light is turned on.
                    Just look for it in the events, it is in the same list as "control a device".

Comment

Is parameter 19 a standard, meaning it will work with HS dimmers?

Michael
                      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                        Is parameter 19 a standard, meaning it will work with HS dimmers?

Michael
                        There does not seem to be much standardization for zwave parameters. Pretty much all manufacturers appear to do something differently. You need to look at the detailed specs for each device to confirm what parameters are in use and how they need to be set.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Fraggel, what kind of switch was that you set parameter 19 on? I looked around for parameters for the HS-WD100+ and did not see much beyond what they already expose in the setting. This was the best I could find, nothing on 19:

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/p...s/1730/configs

Comment

I found parameter 19 working for fibaro and zwave.me products. But I doubt it is a standard. Just checked the configuration options of the HS-wd100+, but there aren't many parameters to configure.
                            Probably this feature won't work then.

Comment

So, based on the OP's initial goal, here is what I have found works. I don't mess with last level or anything like that.

On the recommendation of a good friend, I setup house modes for morning, day, evening and sleep when I first jumped into HS3. I have found it to be invaluable for things like this. Morning day and evening are based on hours before or after dawn/dusk. I can set custom dim levels for the switches based on the central scene child devices

I setup my event as below.

This setup relies on the idea that your switch's next hop is the root Z-wave transceiver, so that near instant status works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Kerat; February 15, 2017, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X