X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit Confused

Hi folks,

I got a Z-NET.

Installed it tonight and I suspect that I have misunderstood the installation instruction which I found a little confusing on one point particularly and have ended up with exactly what was described would go wrong.

I'm looking for pointers to put it right if you wouldn't mind as, I'm still confused.

What I'm getting is this:

Dec-19 11:17:00 PM Z-Wave Error Znet: The Znet interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    Dec-19 11:16:57 PM Z-Wave Znet: Getting node information from controller...
    Dec-19 11:16:57 PM Z-Wave Znet: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.131, connected to interface ok.
    Dec-19 11:16:55 PM Z-Wave Znet: Getting node information from controller...
    Dec-19 11:16:55 PM Z-Wave Znet: Processing data buffered by the interface while it was disconnected.
    Dec-19 11:16:55 PM Z-Wave Znet: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.131, connected to interface ok.

I had to flip back to the old Aeon stick so as not to upset normal operation, that's not good.

I think the problem is that the original interface wasn't removed but I thought it was and, I had to reinstall it when I reverted back to the Aeon stick. I therefore assumed it was all good.

I'm fairly sure I followed the instruction well enough but any light shed would be helpful as I know the HomeID is mentioned but I'm not sure what that is.

There was also remnants left of the older interfaces but from reading other posts it appears that is normal and to be expected.

Thanks.

K.

Are you doing the backup of the Aeon stick and then restoring that backup file to the znet? The home ID should be the same so that it can see your switches and ther zwave devices.

Comment

I backed up the Aeon stick yes but when the Z-Net was seen and, it was, there was no option to restore to it.

When I try try initialise the interface I get an error and no option to do much else.

K.

Comment

Working...
      X