Connection Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Issues

Sorry guys but I'm tearing my hair out over this one!

I had an old Aeon stick that works fine but wanted to upgrade it to a Znet.

Followed all the instructions and all I get all the time is this on the Znet interface:

The Home ID being just 00000000 (Not Valid)

I've removed it, deleted it, restarted it, everything I can find on the boards and it simply refuses to change.

The log shows:

Jan-02 2:41:58 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
    Jan-02 2:41:58 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.130, connected to interface ok.
    Jan-02 2:41:58 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.2.130...
    Jan-02 2:41:56 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    Jan-02 2:41:55 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
    Jan-02 2:41:55 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.130, connected to interface ok.
    Jan-02 2:41:55 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.2.130...
    Jan-02 2:41:55 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
    Jan-02 2:41:54 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.130, connected to interface ok.
    Jan-02 2:41:54 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.2.130...
    Jan-02 2:41:54 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    Jan-02 2:41:54 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
    Jan-02 2:41:54 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.130, connected to interface ok.
    Jan-02 2:41:54 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.2.130: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
    Jan-02 2:41:54 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    Jan-02 2:41:53 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
    Jan-02 2:41:53 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    For the life of me I can't work out what's wrong or what to do to make it work.

I even deleted the other two Zwave interfaces totally, restarted, and all that as well to no avail.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated as right now I've got no Zwave at all.

K.

Replying to my own post, I know...

Tried it on a static IP using the ethernet interface as well, just in case but got the same result.

As in, nothing seems to work, no options in the drop down... nothing.

K.

Comment

Try connecting a monitor and keyboard to the Z-Net and see if any errors are being shown.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Got it hooked up finally and no errors show, all seems ok.

Honestly, I don't get what most if it is but it all reads as okay with no errors.

K.

Comment

Okay so I've tried...

Rebooting HS3 several times.

Rebooting Znet several times.

Change the IP.

Checked firewalls and all that stuff.

Reset the network settings on the Znet.

Renamed the Znet just in case.

Removed, added, rebooted, added, rebooted... etc.

I can see it just fine on the local LAN and it can be seen fine on find.homeseer.com as well.

So I'm completely baffled!!

K.

Comment

Got something new...

Jan-02 6:16:53 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.2.127...
            Jan-02 6:16:53 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
            Jan-02 6:16:53 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.127, connected to interface ok.
            Jan-02 6:16:53 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.2.127...
            Jan-02 6:16:52 PM Z-Wave Error Z-NET: The Z-NET interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
            Jan-02 6:16:52 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
            Jan-02 6:16:52 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.127, connected to interface ok.
            Jan-02 6:16:52 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.2.127: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
            Jan-02 6:16:52 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: The Z-Net interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
            Jan-02 6:16:50 PM Arduino Plugin Change of Device AV :: Input:2, Pin:3 To Value Closed
            Jan-02 6:16:49 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: Getting node information from controller...
            Jan-02 6:16:49 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.127, connected to interface ok.
            Jan-02 6:16:49 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.2.127...
            Jan-02 6:16:48 PM Z-Wave Error Z-NetMain: The Z-NetMain interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
            Jan-02 6:16:47 PM Arduino Plugin Change of Device AV :: Input:2, Pin:3 To Value Open
            Jan-02 6:16:42 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...
            Jan-02 6:16:42 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
            Jan-02 6:16:42 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Net: Z-Wave API Command Execution thread was in a bad state - restarting: Stopped
            Jan-02 6:16:42 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.127, connected to interface ok.
            Jan-02 6:16:42 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.2.127...
            The line in red intrigued me so, removed the Z wave plugin totally. Installed the latest version (beta) 3.0.1.97 and still get the same error/s.

K.

Comment

Originally posted by kwatt View Post
              Got something new...

The line in red intrigued me so, removed the Z wave plugin totally. Installed the latest version (beta) 3.0.1.97 and still get the same error/s.

K.
              Are you using WiFi? If yes the try and use the Z-NET with a wired connection and if you are still getting problems.

You may also read through this: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186259 May also apply to you. Or try and set a new static IP for Z-NET.

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks eman but it's on a wired connection, it's just better.

I've tried it static and using DHCP and get the same result and, reset that several times just in case.

I'd read that thread and a number of others trying to find a solution before posting and can't seem to find anything that fits the bill.

K.

Comment

I removed it again, rebooted it all and on a restart got this...

Jan-02 11:07:27 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: Getting node information from controller...
                  Jan-02 11:07:26 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.127, connected to interface ok.
                  Jan-02 11:07:26 PM Z-Wave Error Z-NetMain: The Z-NetMain interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
                  Jan-02 11:07:26 PM Z-Wave Error Z-NetMain: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.2.127: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
                  Jan-02 11:07:26 PM Z-Wave Error Z-NetMain: The Z-NetMain interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
                  Jan-02 11:07:09 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: Getting node information from controller...
                  Jan-02 11:07:08 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.127, connected to interface ok.
                  Jan-02 11:07:08 PM Z-Wave Error Z-NetMain: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.2.127: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
                  Jan-02 11:06:56 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: Getting node information from controller...
                  Jan-02 11:06:56 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
                  Jan-02 11:06:56 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.2.127, connected to interface ok.
                  Jan-02 11:06:56 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: The Z-Wave Command Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
                  Jan-02 11:06:56 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Jan-02 11:06:56 PM Z-Wave Initializing Z-Wave interface Z-NetMain (HomeSeer Z-NET Ethernet) at 192.168.2.127, port 2001
                  Jan-02 11:06:56 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Jan-02 11:06:56 PM Z-Wave Z-NetMain: ============================================================ ==========
                  To me that would appear as if HS is "seeing" the Z-Net, connection but failing to send or receive information for some reason but, I can't work out why that would be.

I tried with the Windows firewall completely off, on and wrote rules to open that 2001 port just in case as well.

Any suggestions welcome.

K.

Comment

Try disabling you Z-Wave plugin and then re-enable it. Also what version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Did that Rupp, several times now just to try to eliminate as much as possible.

ZWave plugin version os 3.0.1.97

K.

Comment

Originally posted by kwatt View Post
                        I removed it again, rebooted it all and on a restart got this...

To me that would appear as if HS is "seeing" the Z-Net, connection but failing to send or receive information for some reason but, I can't work out why that would be.

I tried with the Windows firewall completely off, on and wrote rules to open that 2001 port just in case as well.

Any suggestions welcome.

K.
                        It may or may not be helpful, but I used to see oddball issues like this with my four Z-Nets until I changed the interface type for each from Z-Net to Ethernet in the drop down menu. Remember to set the port to 2001 if you try this as I think it defaults to something else when you make the change. Didn't make a lot of sense to me but these types of issues disappeared as soon as I did it.

I run all of mine wireless DHCP, with the router table controlling a static IP address by MAC assignment. (Did this primarily so I could pick up the Z-Net and take it wherever it is needed on an attached battery to do add/remove functions.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Does the Z-Net have a red light or green light displayed?
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yeah, I tried that as well with the same outcome I'm afraid as I did think that might have been a workaround for the issue.

I'm messing about trying it wireless now just to see if I can get it to fire up and run.

The I'll try that again using wireless I hope if that fails... worth a go.

Thanks

K.

Comment

Don't ask me how as I've no clue how I did it but, seems to be working now!

K.

Comment

Working...
                              X