GE IS-ZW-TSTAT-300 Won't Pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE IS-ZW-TSTAT-300 Won't Pair

I have been running z-wave through Vera for many years but decided to move to Homeseer for many reasons. I am running HS3PRO and have (2) Z-NET modules on my network.

Last Friday I moved all my devices from the Vera unit to the Z-NET's and everything unpaired and paired just fine, except (1) of my (3) GE IS-ZW-TSTAT-300's. Two other thermostats of the same make and model made the change just fine but I cannot get the third unit to pair up.

If I pair the TSTAT in question with the Vera again it pairs just fine. Unpairing and pairing over again works fine too - on the Vera system. This one TSTAT-300 just isn't liking the Z-NET system.

Tech support suggested forcing an unpairing through the HS3 program and on some occasions the Z-NET finds the TSTAT and either unpairs successfully or comes back with an error message. When running the include node function it never finds the TSTAT.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Like I said, my other (2) TSTAT-300's unpaired from the Vera and paired with the Z-NET just fine.

Current Date/Time: 1/16/2017 11:50:07 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.298
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 2 Days 23 Hours 38 Minutes 16 Seconds
    IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Number of Devices: 61
    Number of Events: 16
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    0.0.0.25: drhsIpPlugIn
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.67: Z-Wave

I would try a newer version of the z-wave plugin. .67 is pretty old. I would also restart the z-nets after updating the plugin.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Update Completed

Thanks for pointing out the older version.

I ran an update on the Z-wave plug-in but it did not change the results. As a side note, (2) other TSTAT-300's did pair with the older version.

It's kind of odd that this one thermostat won't pair with the Z-NET hardware but will still pair with the Vera system.

I remain open to suggestions.

Comment

Try updating your Z-Wave plug-in to beta 3.0.1.97. With the system near one of these devices run the Remove/Exclude a node command 2 times in a row. once this is complete try the inclusion once again.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

TSTAT Working Again

For anyone who runs across this issue again:

The GE IS-ZW-TSTAT-300 (and other models) uses the Radio Thermostat USNAP Z-Wave transceiver module. Reading the manual for the thermostat alone does not really detail how to pair the module so the reset button has always sufficed. The Radio Thermostat company publishes their own documentation for pairing and the instructions lead you through a "Mate" button accessed through the "Menu" button. The Radio Thermostat USNAP instructions are not included in the thermostat box but after digging on the internet I found them.

Following the instructions did not automatically pair the module so I again followed Homeseer tech advice to try unpairing the module a couple of times first. I received an error message on the first pass then a "Completed" message on the second pass. I then tried the pairing process with the "Mate" button again and it worked successfully.

Thank you to all who have provided support on this issue. All is good again.

Comment

Working...
          X