Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop creating new one wire devices

Hi,

I have 1 one wire device in my system. I had the box checked for homeseer to stop creating new one wire devices. Today I wanted to add a new one wire device and when I unchecked the box, the green + sign does not appear to allow me to add another device. I cycled power on the Arduino and restarted homeseer but I still cannot add another device.

Any ideas,

Thanks in advance

Ronnie

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
    Hi,

I have 1 one wire device in my system. I had the box checked for homeseer to stop creating new one wire devices. Today I wanted to add a new one wire device and when I unchecked the box, the green + sign does not appear to allow me to add another device. I cycled power on the Arduino and restarted homeseer but I still cannot add another device.

Any ideas,

Thanks in advance

Ronnie
    What OneWire device are you adding? Are you adding it to the same pin as the first one? What pull-up resistor value are you using?

There is no "+" for adding OneWire devices. You add your OneWire pin by adding the pin with the "+" sign. You can only have one pin per board but can have multiple devices on that pin. They are added automatically when they report. I only use DS18B20 temperature devices. I speed it up by heating or cooling the device. If it is wired correctly and working, as soon as the new device reports, the Arduino device is created automatically.
    Last edited by randy; February 11, 2017, 02:03 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I don't know what I was thinking!!!!! I guess one-wire has no meaning to me today. I am using the Dallas DS18B20. After I viewed you response I changed the wire on the Arduino and it is working perfect.

Thank you for your response.

Ronnie

Comment

Working...
      X