Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light turning off right after it is turned on

Hello,

I have a Jasco 3 way switch that has worked reliably for a couple of years. Now something has happened on my system that I cannot figure out.

Originally, I had a scene setup to turn off the lights after they were on for 15 minutes. This worked for over a year.

Recently, I added a motion sensor in, and created a scene with a timer to turn on the lights when there was motion sensed, and turn off after no motion for a set amount of time. The problem was this worked OK for a bit, but then the lights started turning off randomly, and if you went to turn on the lights manually, they would ramp up to fully on, and then just shut off! You could repeat this over and over again.

The logs provided no help whatsoever, and to make matters worse - this happens randomly, which is even more strange, and hard to troubleshoot! At this point, I have deleted all Events related to these devices, and the lights still turn off after just being turned on!

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to go about troubleshooting this, or what to look for?

One last thing, I did look to see if there was a direct Zwave grouping that I may have done, and there isn't.

Thanks for any ideas you may have!

Share the events you are using to control the lights. Also have you updated any plugins/HS3 recently?

I have had something similar happen to me because I changed an event and messed up tying the wrong timer to it and that caused havoc.

Comment

I literally deleted every event for my "Foyer" light.

In searching for events related to a device, the list shows up as empty.

That is why I am at such a loss right now.

Comment

Are they delayed action events perhaps? That group may need to be selected, in the Group Name selector.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X