This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Use a Virtual Device to Track Multiple Sensors with One Icon

Problem - My HSTouch screen has limited space and I wish to display the status of 2 sensors with one icon!

I have a tilt sensor and motion sensor in my garage and I wanted to indicate the garage door and occupancy status of both on my touchscreens. However, I have limited space on my dashboard. I decided to use a virtual device to reflect both attributes with one status icon.

Step 1 - create graphic icons to reflect all possible conditions
    Save these icons to your HomeSeer HS3/html/images/HomeSeer/status/ folder
    • Door Closed - No Motion
    • Door Closed - Motion
    • Door Open - No Motion
    • Door Open - Motion

Mine look like this:

Step 2 - create virtual device "Garage Status" with text values for each condition above. I used values 1, 10, 20, 30

Step 3 - associate each value with the appropriate graphic icon

If you navigate to the device mgmt page, your device will now look something like this:

Step 4 - create events to change the value of the Garage Status virtual device
    In my case, I created an (unshown) event to reset an HS3 timer every time motion is sensed. When the timer reaches 4 minutes, I consider the garage unoccupied. You'll need to create one event for each Garage Status condition and each event will need two trigger/condition combinations. Here's what one of mine looks like:

Step 5 - add the Garage Status virtual device to your HSTouch project and deploy.
    Now, instead of adding the door sensor and motion sensor to your HSTouch projects, you just need to add this new virtual device to your projects!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by macromark; May 11, 2015, 12:10 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Mark

I like the idea of additional 'motion' status to a single device, so will probably implement this. Would you be willing to share the individual icons and/or even have them added to the next release?

Cheers
    James
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      Mark

I like the idea of additional 'motion' status to a single device, so will probably implement this. Would you be willing to share the individual icons and/or even have them added to the next release?

Cheers
      James
      I just added the icons to my post. Just right-click on each and "save image as..." to your PC. These are .png graphics with transparency.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey Mark,

They are saving as one big image instead of 4 individual ones ?
        Neil
        Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by nsisman View Post
          Hey Mark,

They are saving as one big image instead of 4 individual ones ?
          The individual files are attached to the thread, not the individual post, so go up one level to the How-Tos group and then click the paper-clip at the right end of this thread.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            The individual files are attached to the thread, not the individual post, so go up one level to the How-Tos group and then click the paper-clip at the right end of this thread.
            I can't seam to see where to get the icons?
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
              I can't seam to see where to get the icons?

In the web view, click the paper clip icon at the right end of the thread name box and right beneath "Rating"
              cheeryfool

Comment

Really nice...

I will be using this one...
                THX!!!!
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Thank you, Certainly helps.

Comment

I want to have a Virtual Device that has multiple options. See picture below. I would like to know if I can add it to Alexa and it will see the multiple options? I want to be able to say" Alexa I want to Sleep-in tomorrow" and it will turn on "Sleep-in". Is this possible or do I have to setup another Virtual device to trigger the multi option device?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	687
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	1372437

Comment

Working...
                    X