How to set up RFXCOM for use with W800 RF (32Bit) Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set up RFXCOM for use with W800 RF (32Bit) Controller

Section 5.4 of the user manual for RFXCom shows how to set it up and other sections of the manual show how to add the X10 devices. The manual is located in the Docs subdirectory under the main HS directory.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you. I did find the manual, but have not been successful with getting it to work.

Comment

Does the receiver start properly? Check the log settings. Does it show anything unusual? You also need to activate the house codes you want to use (see section 4 and 4.1 of the manual) and then manually create the devices and set the house and device code in the configuration tab. Don't change anything in the X10 tab.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

To see communication with the receiver in the HS log you can enable Debug level 1 for the Receivers on the RFXCOM - General config page.
          The W800 can be added on the RFXCOM - Receivers config page.
          The W800 should not be in use by another program or plug-in to have the COM visible in the selection box.
          Check only the X10 and 32 bits receiver boxes:
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. I have all of these settings, as you mention. I must be missing something.

Thank you.
            Jeff

Comment

Well I made a little progress. Was able to get a basic on off command to operate a light. Won't dim. Tried to set up an event to run by sending an X10 command and it won't run. I think I'm trying to adapt old technology to work on new technology....

Comment

Create a Device Status Change event:
                If This device has its value set to ... "the X10 RF device" is set to ON/OFF
                THEN Control a Device "any HS device" ON/OFF

Maybe the new HS3 function "Linked device" can also be used

Comment

Working...
                X