CA3750 Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CA3750 Mod

I finally installed the CA3750 I bought last year to control my pool pump and booster pump/cleaner. Since this is ZWave and is fairly far from my controller, I'm nervous because this thing has to work without fail.

I ended up installing some indicator lights for each device so I can look out the back window and tell if one/both are on. I found some 220v AC indicator lights on ebay and installed them on the front cover. Now, I can look out the back door and tell if it is running or not.
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Rob,

I just purchased a CA3750 for my pool. I know it's been a few years but did you have any problems adding it to your Z-Wave network?

I cannot get mine to pair. I bought it directly from Homeseer but it was lacking any instructions (which I finally found online) and I am wondering if this unit was previously paired to another network and can't be re-paired to mine...

Comment

Try removing the association before adding it. Many times these are tested at the factory and the association is left from testing.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thought of that but it didn't come with any instructions so I don't know how to disassociate it. I trying holding the button in for a long time. Holding the button down while energizing it. Nothing seems to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Which Z-Wave controller are you using? How far from the controller was the unit when you attempted the remove?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HomeTroller Zee S2.

The CA3750 is mounted in the garage within 10 feet of my Z-Wave garage door opener which also serves as a repeater. It's about 3 feet away from the energy monitor mounted in the main circuit panel and 15 or so feet away from a few HS switches. I don't think distance is the problem.

Doing more research it seems others have reported similar issues with these units failing to talk to the network after a while of use. And it seems the unit is discontinued as well so maybe Intermatic simply has issues with them.

Comment

Mine didn't get added unless I had it right by the controller, so distance was the issue for me. You don't have to take the whole box down you can just disconnect the wires inside, remove the relay/circuit board module and then use a spare power cord to wire it close to the controller.
              EDIT...just saw that this was solved this way in a similar post
              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by mskvarenina View Post
                Rob,

I just purchased a CA3750 for my pool. I know it's been a few years but did you have any problems adding it to your Z-Wave network?

I cannot get mine to pair. I bought it directly from Homeseer but it was lacking any instructions (which I finally found online) and I am wondering if this unit was previously paired to another network and can't be re-paired to mine...
                Sorry I missed this post...

Yes - I had problems adding it to the network. It is by far, the furthest device in my network with only 1 neighbor node between it and my house. I have to take my Z-Net and use the wifi connection to add it to my network. For power, I use one of those little portable power banks.

I actually had to add it to my network AGAIN a few weeks ago. For some reason, it lost its mind and no longer worked. I had to remove/add node on it to get it back into my network. Since then, it works fine, but I will be converting to the newer high voltage controller which has greater range and hopefully network wide inclusion.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                X