zwave exception with .129

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zwave exception with .129

I have .129 installed, i had the same problem with .128 everytime I try to change zwave report settings I get an error. when I had .87 installed I did not have this problem.

"Exception in Z-Wave ConfigDevicePost(POST to Settings Page): Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

How do I fix this? reboot didn't work. I am running on win10 with HS version .318

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
    I have .129 installed, i had the same problem with .128 everytime I try to change zwave report settings I get an error. when I had .87 installed I did not have this problem.

"Exception in Z-Wave ConfigDevicePost(POST to Settings Page): Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

How do I fix this? reboot didn't work. I am running on win10 with HS version .318
    This error generally indicates a mismatch between the versions of the files that were installed for the plug-in under the Homeseer directory (HSPI_ZWave.exe and config) and the three DLLs that get installed under Homeseer\Bin\Z-Wave. You may need to download the plug-in manually and copy the files to the proper directories. Make sure you stop the Z-Wave plug in before copying.

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
      This error generally indicates a mismatch between the versions of the files that were installed for the plug-in under the Homeseer directory (HSPI_ZWave.exe and config) and the three DLLs that get installed under Homeseer\Bin\Z-Wave. You may need to download the plug-in manually and copy the files to the proper directories. Make sure you stop the Z-Wave plug in before copying.

tried that....no joy...same ole problem. any other ideas?

Comment

In my case, I somehow ended up with two Bin directories (one Bin and one bin) that had conflicting files. I removed the duplicated directory and manually copied in the correct files and it fixed my issue.

Since you are running Windows, this won't apply since there should be no way you have two Bin directories under Homeseer. Maybe try searching the entire subdirectories for two versions of the files in different places? I have never ran HS on Windows, so I am less familiar with it than Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
          In my case, I somehow ended up with two Bin directories (one Bin and one bin) that had conflicting files. I removed the duplicated directory and manually copied in the correct files and it fixed my issue.

Since you are running Windows, this won't apply since there should be no way you have two Bin directories under Homeseer. Maybe try searching the entire subdirectories for two versions of the files in different places? I have never ran HS on Windows, so I am less familiar with it than Linux.

Thanks for your help dude! I got it fixed finally..but I had to go back to .87 to make it work right for some reason. Anyway it is working right again.

Comment

Working...
          X